• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

That's good to know. I have yet to do the mod that turns the talkback completely off. I haven't written the road devil off yet. Been busy working with no time other than sleep. The road devil adds clarity to the 8900. The stock mic makes it sound muffled according to radio reports.

No other time than to post on and scan cb radio forums?

Astatic tug-8 and CRE 8900

Well I had no issues wiring the Astatic TUG-8 (Lollipop) to my CRE 8900 and there is no delay in the TX. Cant wait to get some reports on how it sounds. Looks like the delay is only an issue with the handhelds. Wonder about the D104M6B-DX1.

Decided to add the channels to my 636L for my Magnum 257hp instead. That was a breeze and they work great, I wish the CRE 8900 had a better mic schematic.

To get the best sound out of the CRE8900 you have to go pretty old school and its better than the astatic teardrop imo and i love those microphones always used them on my cobras and stalkers. But the cre8900 has a match made in heaven audio wise with another breed from 1975, And thats with the original Turner Plus Three desk microphone (Not +3B although may sound ok) . I get nothing but compliments from states side. Id advise anyone using the stryker 955hpc to try it also as i think the stryker and cre have the same sounding audio.

I find nowadays people just throw on the astatic microphones because they've always proven to sound well on older radios, And miss out pretty much anything else! these are a newer breed of radios. I have the Grant 2 and the Turner Plus Three does'nt do anything for that radio but then again neither does the stock mic the audio always sounds processed and too bassy and scratchy on ssb its fine as a AM/FM radio.

Reactions: 1 person
But the cre8900 has a match made in heaven audio wise with another breed from 1975, And thats with the original Turner Plus Three desk microphone (Not +3B although may sound ok) . I get nothing but compliments from states side. Id advise anyone using the stryker 955hpc to try it also as i think the stryker and cre have the same sounding audio.
I have a new Alinco DX-10 (CRE-8900) and I just purchased a very nice Turner Plus Three to merry together. Could you publish the wiring diagram or tell me the pins and wiring colors to use?
Thank you for your help if you can.

Lisa

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.