• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRT SS 6900

To keep the price lower maybe?? I really stured up a hornets nest, sent an email to CRT asking about the cable, disc, and warranty. Next thing I know I get an email from someone in the UK that says they are shipping them to me, next H&Y sends me an email telling me they have them in stock even though their web site says they are out of stock, and that CRT had contacted them about it wondering why I sent CRT an email seeing as H&Y had them the whole time. The email I got from H&Y said that CRT had contacted them this afternoon, guess maybe CRT is serious about customer service? Who Knows, time will tell, I'll let you know when the cable gets here from the UK

Maybe they should get serious about quality control.

The boys in Louisville probably intended on selling the software and cable as accessories like they do with the 'E' chip from Ranger.

when they called me yesterday after CRT called them the said they have the cable disc combo in stock but I'm not sure on the radio, on their web site it said the cable was not in stock but the radio was

I'll also say I could tell the box had been opened, the flap was not in all the way and the inside cardboard was wrinkled, yea it might have been done at the factory but anything I have gotten new in the last 6 months did not look like that, now that you say that, I would not be surprised that someone did remove the disc and cable.

Lets Ask CRT France

(To CRT France Via E-Mail This Morning)

Good Morning,

I Am considering purchase of your CRT SS 6900 Radio, is the USB cable and Software included in the box with the radio?

Thank you for your time.
Regards,
Jeff

(Reply From CRT France Via E-Mail)
Dear Jeff

thank you for your interest about our product. No the USB cable ans Software are not included in the box with the radio, it is optional.

br

mrs celestrano

Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et Android

It looks like H&Y are Indeed Playing by the rules.
And I Pleased that CRT is so fast to respond to E-Mail!

Jeff

That's what surprised me so much yesterday, first CRT emails me, then H&Y emails me then some company in the UK that is sending me the stuff emailed me along with another email from H&Y, guess somebody was concerned

This isn't something new for these types of radios - the Alpha Max didn't come with the disc/cable either - you had to purchase it separately.

As far as clipping the wire for conversion - to do the programming you have to open the radio anyway so I don't think snipping would be a huge deal.

Warranty on anything like this is always a risk but the fact that the overseas company emailed you back is good sign.

As far as HY Electronics goes, I've heard the horror stories but I've ordered from them multiple times and never had a problem. I ordered that KL203 over christmas and actually called them on the phone, talked to a very nice lady who gave me my tracking information and told me when it would arrive. I was impressed, this was better service than I got from them like 8 years ago when I ordered something. Also of note - the newer blue KL203 now has a pre-amp on it like the KL200P. I'll be throwing up a review when I get a chance.

Well I've had it almost a week now, it hears as good as my S9, AM modulations is great not like the Alpha, SSB audio is awsome, does just about 25 watts so it can drive an amp very well. With the new audio circuit no power mic is needed not like the Alpha. After a lot of skip talking on SSB the heat sink is warm not hot. I haven't touched any of the adjustments because it just works so well the way it came. My only complaint, and this is just a little annoyance, it would be nice to have a dim button for the display brightness. At night it is just a little too bright, and I have this old man thinking that if it's not as bright it will last longer, the channel digits and the display, just my opinion. I like the blue a lot better than the Alpha orange and is says RF Gain not RF Rain LOL

Got my package from h&y,,,,,,,no software. i'm done with h&y. anyone know where i can get just the software from. maybe a download.:censored:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.