• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cutting amc limiter ..BUT ONLY USING STOCK MIC Question

J

JustinDePolis2

Agree with freecell 100%

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

bot452026.gif
</p>

The only problem with replacing R124 and R126 with lower values, is that it "screws" up the ALC, the reason that it does it is because it relies on a certain impedance. I would personally put R124 back to 10k, and R126 back to 10K. Make sure R131 is a 10K, then if you want louder audio on AM, remove TR-26.

Click Here To Go To FG Best Communications

bot452026.gif
</p>

Ok I know that cutting the amc limiter can cause splatter ect especially with a power mic. But what I was wondering was what about cutting it and only using a stock mic? Would this cause splatter, Would it improve modulation on the stock mic? What is everyone opinion on this and what are your experiences on this.. The radio I was thinking of doing this on is a Cobra 148 gtl... I would prefer running a stock mic anyway cause I prefer it on sideband but would like a little more umph for AM without going to a power mic....

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.