• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CwType

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
Has anyone ever used CwType to communicate morse code while they were learning CW ? I would love to use it to have CW conversations until I learn the code enough to use.

Sonwatcher said:
Has anyone ever used CwType to communicate morse code while they were learning CW ? I would love to use it to have CW conversations until I learn the code enough to use.

Far better to first learn to copy it at a high percentage rate first. Once you have everything down you can then work on sending with a key. Once you have copy skills, the sending skills will be in the same place in your mind that the copying is in. It's easier to send than it is to copy and so learn the copy skills first.

Don't know how a sending program will help you. Everything on the CW exam is copying. While they used to sometimes require people to actually send, its all copying now.

Do you have a key and a code practice oscillator? send some code with the items you have down and tape yourelf. Then see if you can copy yourself. But the more practice you have in copying will blend into sending pretty easily, I think.

I understand about learning to copy. I was just wondering if anyone has used the CwType to send CW accompanied with CwGet to translate while learning code. Just for being able to communicate in CW until one learns to copy and practices sending.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.