• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D 104 Ping Trick

dburge

Apr 28, 2009
Cartersville, GA.
does anyone know how to or have a picture showing how to set up a D104 to make the ping sound like the old Brownings used to do? I am trying a paperclip but it must be hooked up wrong it sounds more like a "clink". Any help or ideas appreciated.:headbang

Do tell more...
And where is this spring supposed to be placed? Anyone want to spill the beans and inform the rest of us about this trick?
What does it do - and how do you do it?
Curious...

Rob,
You take the spring and straighten one end of it. About 1 1/4 inch. Remove one of the bottom screws on the head of the D104 on the side bar side of the mic. Take the spring and on the other end bend one loop out so you can mount it where the screw was removed. Tighten it down and bend it so it just catches the top of the side bar.

The trick is , to get it to pop out when the side bar is keyed. With a little practice you can get it to pop out and return when the mic is keyed and released. What it does is make a "twang" sound that is very unique and is picked up by the mic element.

I will see if I can put one on mine and post a pic of it in the next day or two.

Another good one is the brass bells which were used in the old school phones, they mounted perfectly on the head screws...

Another good one is the brass bells which were used in the old school phones, they mounted perfectly on the head screws...

Dont think I have seen that one. Bet it is a ringer!

misterfatty.gif
<---- Thats creepy

twaaang

did that to my 104s years ago just did it again just for a hoot works great very unique sound couldnt help but laugh to myself its a hoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.