• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D-104 silver eagle desk top mic help

C

Charger383

Your wiring is correct except for one thing, there is also a blue wire that needs to be soldered to pin 1 along with the shield. Do that and let me know what happens.

toocool.gif
</p>

That is very strange, every Silver Eagle I have ever seem has six wires to it.

Is the Mic completely Chrome with a eagle on the back of the head of the mic and does it also have a key bar on the bottom as well as the side of the mic???

toocool.gif
</p>

Ok, thats what I thought, it is not a silver eagle at all. The silver eagle is completely chrome and has the side bar key up as well as the base keyup.

Ok, now that we have figured that out, have you changed the battery in the base of the mic yet? Or does it even have a battery? If it has no battery at all, it is a TUG-8, which is non-amplified, and in that case, it is probably the element in the head of the mic that needs to be replaced.

If it does have a battery, it would be a TUG-9, and you have changed the battery, it may still be the element in the head of the mic, or the amplifier board is out in it. Make sure the mic is turned up all the way, clockwise as well.

Check all this out and get back to me.

newyaesusig.gif
</p>

Hmmm, let me do some checking, but you may be able to get them from www.astatic.com but all you need is the element inside. I think it is part # MC-10, not sure though.

I will look around as well, but the bet thing to do is find someone else that has a d104 and take their head and put it on yours to make sure it is the head.

I will let you know if I find anything.

newyaesusig.gif
</p>

Soul, try this too since it may have been idle for a long period of time, reseat the head several times -- then re-check -- probably wont help but only take a few min.

</p>

I recently received as a gift an old D-104 Silver Eagle. The date on the inside of the wiring diagram is 3/76. I installed a new mic connector on the cord. It is wired as follows. 1-shield, 2 white, 3 red, 4 black. I am attempting to use this mic with a Galaxy 88. I installed a new battery etc. The mic key up the radio, but does not modulate. When I hit the button it keys and un keys but no modulation. Someone told me that when these mic's get old the head of the mic sometimes needs replaced. Is this correct ? All the wires inside of the mic seem to have good connection. Any help is appreciated. Thank's in advance.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.