• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D&A rdx-75 20 meter transmitter

crazy_179

Feb 15, 2009
Hi, I recently picked one of these up and am looking for the modifications for it. Any help would be appreciated. I tried following the pdx-400 guide but it is quite a bit different. It has 4 6JG6 tubes in it. One driving three I believe. I can post pictures if necessary

check the D&A RAIDER schem..........

its probably a straight 4 NOT one driving 3

scott
Thanks for the reply

i do have the raider schem. I got looking at it and they had jumped a wire from the radio side of the relay to the socket on pin 5 of the final tubes. These three tubes are all wired together on pin 5 and also pin 9 goes off of those three each having their own resistor (100 ohm) if raider schematic is correct, to the z 14 choke. the tube i am assuming is the driver tube does not have that. it is connected to the grid tune admustment with a smaller coil. Also they had jumped down the coils as well. SWR was good but I was not receiving as well as normal with the amp inline. it did key and put out wattage. about 50 watts or so but my watt meter was swinging backwards upon modulation. so i am investigating. trying to copy it to the raider schematic but i do believe the first tube was for carrying the cw carrier to the other tubes.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.