• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

D104 G-stand to Yaesu 101EE

Matt Dillon

Mar 24, 2011
Stockton, Utah
I bought a D104 un-amplified G stand mic on ebay. It has a 3 conductor cord: Red, Black, Shield. When I took off the bottom plate, some of the wires were un-soldered. I want to wire this for a Yaesu 101EE. I have heard that radio does better without an amplified mic. Can anyone help me with instructions on which wire goes where? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Theron

The input impedance to the FET mic amp in the FT-101 radio is 47K. The unamplified D-104 element operates best into an impedance of 1 Meg. Otherwise it looses sensitivity most notably in the low end bass response. You may be able to make a big improvement here by changing R2 on the AF unit from 47K to 1 Meg. This determines the input impedance to Q1, the first mic amp.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?