• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dak Mark IX question

basstracker1970

Nov 6, 2012
I got a beautiful looking and working dak 9 today and it works perfectly the only problem im having is the dead key. The radio is dead keying 8 watts and swings over 20 and i need to turn down the deadkeyto around 2-3 watts so I can run my box with it. Thanks for any help......

You're not getting an answer because there does not appear to be a carrier control on the Dak. It seems as though someone modified this rig and you may have to reverse engineer that mod. Look for things like jumpers across resistors. If you have no luck with this you might consider detuning a low level driver stage to scrub some carrier off. Don't do this in the final stage because it will kill the PEP swing too.

I thought the board in the Dak was a Cybernet board. They usually did have an internal power control. They were larger rheostats with a white ceramic body. I don't see this in the Dak or the service manual so I may be wrong on this. You could also check and make sure the 13.8 volt regulator wasn't cranked up to inflate the carrier.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.