• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dak Mark X Internal Speaker

Kikker

May 31, 2013
in a Dak radios, is the speaker supposed to be a 4 or 8 ohm speaker? Mine sounds really bad. It's a fairly new 4 " speaker but it very high pitch and tiny sounding. I know, I know, use an external speaker right? Well I had rather use the internal speaker for now and want to make it sound better.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like the speaker is a cheapie. I would check and see what the impedance is and maybe go for the 8 ohm, but that will not get rid of the tinniness, filtering will.

Kikker -

The first thing to do is to plug a known good-sounding speaker into the external speaker jack and see if it sounds tinny too. Sometimes tinny audio is due to a component failure in the audio circuit. If the external speaker sounds good, replace the internal speaker. If not, chase down the defective component. Good luck & 73s.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.