• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dak Mk X with Dak D 104 mic question

SteveSteve

Jul 2, 2020
Does anyone know about the D 104 that was some sort of mic that you could get for the Daks? The D 104 is black for the base, chrome neck and the head is black. It has a Dak nameplate in the base as well
In owners manual, it states you could get a Dak D 100 desk preamp mic, but there is no mention of the D 104
Can anyone tell me what the deal is about this D 104 Dak mic? Was it a special Dak option, or an Astatic option or just what?
Thanks

I believe the Astaic Dak mic is just a finish version of the T-UG9/D104 to match the Dak 9 and 10. I dont believe there are any other differences than paint and decals.

Tokin, I appreciate your reply. I didn't think there would be any changes to the mic electronicly, I knew it would just be the nameplate and color.
What I wanted more to know is how you got one? Did a Dak dealer supply it as some sort of special option? As I said, I don't see it mentioned in the owners manual. I just wondered how someone actually got one ?

Reactions: Tokin
Tokin, I appreciate your reply. I didn't think there would be any changes to the mic electronicly, I knew it would just be the nameplate and color.
What I wanted more to know is how you got one? Did a Dak dealer supply it as some sort of special option? As I said, I don't see it mentioned in the owners manual. I just wondered how someone actually got one ?
I believe it was offered thru Astatic like the Golden, Silver amd Night Eagles.

I remember the fake DAK D104 mike. Came with the radio. Had one around here years ago. Might stumble across it some day.

Looked pretty authentic on the outside, but once you removed the bottom plate the difference was hard to miss. The switch and amplifier circuit looked very different.

Hmm. You know, I could be conflating two different suppliers from 1978. There was an outfit from Greenwood Indiana called American Radio. Could be I'm remembering their fake D104, not one from "MH Scott", the importer of the DAK.

Memories can dim in 42 years.

Reactions: Tokin

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.