• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Damm wind power n my eagles might clash

Rwb

tell the devil im gettin there as fast as i can,r
Jun 30, 2018
And in a bad way.they are boring test holes in the ground lessthan 500 feet from my north fence. We are moreso getting these snake oil cure monstrositys shoved down our throat to farther pollute the countryside.im unhappy
I left a huge tree lightning killed 6 years ago. Started cutting limbs off,quit for the nite n next mornin the very first eagle in this area was in the tree,that was 6 years ago.now it comes back every year.this morning he brought a friend.
I contacted the department of migratory birds ,department of the interior. We have many protected eastern red wing blackbirds,a flyway for ducks n geese.and now eagles are showing up.
I load grain off farms in my area so i see all of the back roads in a 15 mile radius of home.i got many photos of eagles we didnt have 6 years ago.the man from the migratory bird office is coming to view the region.we worked hard to get eagles to come back from almost being extenct the wind mills will kill birds
P_20181223_103554.jpg
20181016_132136.jpg
my place is the mark i made on the map,green is where the wind mills are to be erected.this is just a few as i shot a small part of the map.
Im sure my tv,internet ,setting in my yard,and using my cb radios will be ended too

Dynamite. You can fix that problem. Big truck, big chain? A laser on a huge planet looking thing, disintegrate it from space, if you know a Dark Lord that owns one.

That’s gonna be fun to deal with if it interferes with things like you’re thinking. Worst thing is they don’t cut your power bill none for that, solar panels here haven’t made a dent in the bills I get.

Yes just big fish gettin our tax dollars n we get the shaft. The liberal green guys are flat out crazy.
The lectric company got a huge grant to modify its coal fired plant n last year got it done.cant even smell coal burning n say they are shutting it down.what a croak of shit,they should usebthat n forget the wind mills all tax payer funded,ugly noisy behmoths lurking in the country

I myself think these things are a Farce ! A passing trend , they will not last long , won't be maintained after a few years & we end up with eye sores you will see years from now on the science cable channel asking " What could these have been ? " We have them here , beautiful countryside then these pop up like Godzilla out of no where ! A few farmers I know have them on their land because of the $ they get paid , but even that took a long time for them to start get their $ ! They put them off shore telling us they would be a good thing to hold fish for us recreational fisherman . Guess what ? Once erected you have to stay away from them ! More BS to get them passed & screw us ! As you can see I'm not a big fan of them either . Yes we have to do something to protect our environment ! But these bird killing Dinosaurs ? I think was the wrong way to go . (JMO ) We just started seeing Eagles here again in the past few years . 73 & God Bless , Leo

Reactions: Rwb and S&W357
Yes just big fish gettin our tax dollars n we get the shaft. The liberal green guys are flat out crazy.
The lectric company got a huge grant to modify its coal fired plant n last year got it done.cant even smell coal burning n say they are shutting it down.what a croak of shit,they should usebthat n forget the wind mills all tax payer funded,ugly noisy behmoths lurking in the country

Many years ago all of the power plants on the Connecticut coast were converted from coal to oil. Electric was cheap and we complained about the acid rain coming from dirtier plants outside of the state. Several years ago Eversource came into our state and totally destroyed the idea of economical power. Every single power plant on the coast has now been decommissioned. They tore up a main highway right down the middle of the state to bury a new 320KV transmission line so we could have the privilege of importing every drop of power from out of state. Electric rates more than tripled since then but the catch is, it's all in the delivery fees that now exceed the cost of the service they deliver!

As soon as they wrecked the electric grid in the state, Eversource promptly proceeded to buy up every natural gas company in the state so they can monopolize and destroy that too. Today the gas also cost more to deliver than to buy. When you consider how much money the excessive delivery charges make by robbing every customer as though someone actually has to come to each house to deliver, it's ludicrous. Especially since little to none is invested back into regular preventive maintenance. When we get storms now, the power is out and they have to import outside repair crews to come in and fix it. Many say they will not answer the call next time because Eversource didn't pay them last time.

If Eversource has not screwed your states energy supply up yet and you get wind that they are trying to move in, RESIST them like the plague. Hold onto your local companies and don't let them go. Things will never be good with energy once Eversourse comes in and prioritizes shareholders over customers. Worst energy company in the country that desperately needs to be squashed out of their monopoly. ANY other business that has a product that is worth less than the delivery charge, is out of business quickly....unless a monopoly is allowed to thrive.

One small section in my city has its own power station and grid that is actually owned by the local taxing district. They too were forced to shut down the generators and import power over long distance transmission lines. Funny thing is without the influence of shareholders they have been able to keep rates economical and even offer extra discounts to customers. They give one discount for paying early and another if you can keep your consumption below 1000 kilowatt hours per month.

Last edited:
Many years ago all of the power plants on the Connecticut coast were converted from coal to oil. Electric was cheap and we complained about the acid rain coming from dirtier plants outside of the state. Several years ago Eversource came into our state and totally destroyed the idea of economical power. Every single power plant on the coast has now been decommissioned. They tore up a main highway right down the middle of the state to bury a new 320KV transmission line so we could have the privilege of importing every drop of power from out of state. Electric rates more than tripled since then but the catch is, it's all in the delivery fees that now exceed the cost of the service they deliver!

As soon as they wrecked the electric grid in the state, Eversource promptly proceeded to buy up every natural gas company in the state so they can monopolize and destroy that too. Today the gas also cost more to deliver than to buy. When you consider how much money the excessive delivery charges make by robbing every customer as though someone actually has to come to each house to deliver, it's ludicrous. Especially since little to none is invested back into regular preventive maintenance. When we get storms now, the power is out and they have to import outside repair crews to come in and fix it. Many say they will not answer the call next time because Eversource didn't pay them last time.

If Eversource has not screwed your states energy supply up yet and you get wind that they are trying to move in, RESIST them like the plague. Hold onto your local companies and don't let them go. Things will never be good with energy once Eversourse comes in and prioritizes shareholders over customers. Worst energy company in the country that desperately needs to be squashed out of their monopoly. ANY other business that has a product that is worth less than the delivery charge, is out of business quickly....unless a monopoly is allowed to thrive.

One small section in my city has its own power station and grid that is actually owned by the local taxing district. They too were forced to shut down the generators and import power over long distance transmission lines. Funny thing is without the influence of shareholders they have been able to keep rates economical and even offer extra discounts to customers. They give one discount for paying early and another if you can keep your consumption below 1000 kilowatt hours per month.
Up here in NorthEast Pa they are fracking for natural gas. They pump chems into the ground to bring the gas up. Many wells are polluted. Water table polluted . The Deleware water commission is getting ready to cave in and allow these companys to use the Deleware river for there exploits in my area now. Only a matter of time before my water is no good. Im no bleeding heart, but if it cant be done safely then it shouldnt be done.

We have stepped way out of bounds with all this solar,wind power.im a member of a coop thans not connected to the asses who are installing the windmills.i griped at my coop for not speaking against this cause all windmills are in their distric.the company thats doing it is empire electric but the sold out to liberty power in canada n they act like because they are from canada they are invincible.many neighbors are awakening to this that was shoved in our faces and we didnt get to say no.im hoping the bakd eagles n geese n duck flyways end this monstrosity eyesore bs

Up here in NorthEast Pa they are fracking for natural gas. They pump chems into the ground to bring the gas up. Many wells are polluted. Water table polluted . The Deleware water commission is getting ready to cave in and allow these companys to use the Deleware river for there exploits in my area now. Only a matter of time before my water is no good. Im no bleeding heart, but if it cant be done safely then it shouldnt be done.
What is in your water contaminated with?

Reactions: 357magnum and Rwb
It might be different if it made a big dent in your electric bill but any money it saves or generates is going right to shareholders or investors. Solar has actually become economical but only if you install your own system. Otherwise the power company just wants your roof space and you get a small percentage off you bill. Panels are only like $100 a piece now so don't be suckered into them controlling your roof space.

They used to dump bromine in old wells that quit producing oil.and thats just fancy salt water.i used to haul it n wondered what it did to water supplys,think they use it fracking but that came along way after my oil field days. Bromine made crude rise up usually 2 loads down a well n week later crude rose.
And yes to makin shareholders rich while taxpayers fund this snakeoil bs

There are so many myths about fracking, it's not even funny. I have had people swear up and down that fracking contamitated their well with mtbe. Methane in the water table has been around long before anyone drilled for oil, but it makes great propaganda. After all, oil was discovered because it bubbled up from the ground.

I'm not going to claim there has never been anyone to not follow regulations in the oil industry, but it's just not that common.

There are so many myths about fracking, it's not even funny. I have had people swear up and down that fracking contamitated their well with mtbe. Methane in the water table has been around long before anyone drilled for oil, but it makes great propaganda. After all, oil was discovered because it bubbled up from the ground.

I'm not going to claim there has never been anyone to not follow regulations in the oil industry, but it's just not that common.

I agree (overall). But I wouldn’t buy land on which to live that was downstream from an oilfield. (I’ve worked there. Mistakes happen as dies rule-breaking).

Same for living in a town or city downstream.

Profit to someone who lives far away always comes first.

Read the history of the Johnstown Flood. Nothing essential has changed except today’s impenetrable layers of corporate cutouts.

Delaware corporations have greater secrecy than Swiss banking ever did.

“Who owns what”, would be a great start. Names, all personal addresses, and all other family stakes enumerated, tabulated, and accessible by anyone, anywhere.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.