• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Damn eBay!

Good Luck Mr. Mudfoot. I would fight it if I were you. You have documentation that nothing is wrong with the unit - and just changing your mind (buyer) about wanting to keep and item is not a valid reason for a return .... much less falsifying a return.
Several years ago I sold a Tweety Bird D104 that I made and the guy tore into the Tweety Module wanting to ..... whatever. So the Tweety stopped working because he messed with it and he wanted to send it back. eBay let him of course - but then I made a Counter Claim that the guy messed with it and I sent in pics showing how I send them and how I got it back. eBay refunded my money back to me and let me keep the mic, which I already had back. So I fixed it and sold it again ..... made Double the money on that item.
You have to be extremely shrewd and careful on eBay now. Examine sellers carefully before buying looking for bad feedback/scams. Also, this past year my state made internet cos. pay sales tax so now there's tax on what I buy there which makes eBay and Amazon less attractive.
Yeah eBay has pissed off a lot of people and has been losing business for years ..... I sell far less often on there but still do some buying. Almost always will be a new item and not taking too many chances on used stuff.

Reactions: NZ8N
Sold for years and have 100% feedback. I've sold tons of stuff. Punk bought an amp, then 27 days later says it doesn't work. I get it back and ain't a damn thing wrong with it.

Of course, eBay strokes him and lullabies the little punk to sleep. After they refund him, he sends me attachments from the FCC saying I'm selling illegal amplifiers. He closed by saying he's not gonna neg feedback me cause he doesn't want to harm my reputation. What a complete pussy!

Well it sounds like he bought this amplifier with the intention of violating FCC regulations. HAM radio operators are well within their right to purchase and sell RF amplifiers. It does not have to be certified for ham radio use if it is bought as used equipment. Radios might be held to a different standard.

Sold for years and have 100% feedback. I've sold tons of stuff. Punk bought an amp, then 27 days later says it doesn't work. I get it back and ain't a damn thing wrong with it.

Of course, eBay strokes him and lullabies the little punk to sleep. After they refund him, he sends me attachments from the FCC saying I'm selling illegal amplifiers. He closed by saying he's not gonna neg feedback me cause he doesn't want to harm my reputation. What a complete pussy!

Oh how well I know this, just had this happen to me as well.

Listed a Galaxy 93T on eBay. Had recapped it with quality caps, full alignment, new faceplate & bezel, knobs, meter & light, LED’s for the channel and frequency display. Totally reworked this radio as I planned to keep it for myself but needed some cash so I listed it.

Listed it totally cheap, was losing money. This punk makes me an offer, I’m in a bind and accept it. Well, 2 weeks go by and he filed for a refund, mind you it was listed as parts/not working and no returns or refunds. Ebay didn’t care. I also have flawless feedback from many radio sales.

So I go through a huge debate with eBay and they say to accept the return. I cave in and do that, pay for return shipping but first I contact the punk buyer. Tell him I have video of the radio working flawlessly and photos of all my work, no answer.

A month goes by and no radio. Contact eBay and tell them it’s time to close that crap, the game has been played long enough. They tell me I have to wait and refund the buyer when I receive the radio.

Much cussing at eBay. Nasty return emails to them and some threats. I tell eBay I’m not refunding him no matter if he sends it or not. I move my money out PayPal, cancel the credit card backing my account, move my money out my checking account and laugh at eBay. I tell them to refund him and I’ll enjoy my radio. I told eBay where to go and that I’d never sell there again.

Next morning I get an email from eBay saying the case was closed without refund to the buyer. I’ve not seen the radio yet, been 2 weeks. Sorry for the long reply.

Oh how well I know this, just had this happen to me as well.

Listed a Galaxy 93T on eBay. Had recapped it with quality caps, full alignment, new faceplate & bezel, knobs, meter & light, LED’s for the channel and frequency display. Totally reworked this radio as I planned to keep it for myself but needed some cash so I listed it.

Listed it totally cheap, was losing money. This punk makes me an offer, I’m in a bind and accept it. Well, 2 weeks go by and he filed for a refund, mind you it was listed as parts/not working and no returns or refunds. Ebay didn’t care. I also have flawless feedback from many radio sales.

So I go through a huge debate with eBay and they say to accept the return. I cave in and do that, pay for return shipping but first I contact the punk buyer. Tell him I have video of the radio working flawlessly and photos of all my work, no answer.

A month goes by and no radio. Contact eBay and tell them it’s time to close that crap, the game has been played long enough. They tell me I have to wait and refund the buyer when I receive the radio.

Much cussing at eBay. Nasty return emails to them and some threats. I tell eBay I’m not refunding him no matter if he sends it or not. I move my money out PayPal, cancel the credit card backing my account, move my money out my checking account and laugh at eBay. I tell them to refund him and I’ll enjoy my radio. I told eBay where to go and that I’d never sell there again.

Next morning I get an email from eBay saying the case was closed without refund to the buyer. I’ve not seen the radio yet, been 2 weeks. Sorry for the long reply.
You put the DARKSIDE mumbo jumbo on his little Ewok ass!

In all honesty, if it did show up, I’d send it back to him as long as I was positive money wouldn’t be taken from me. And since I changed all that, I’m pretty sure. I wouldn’t keep it even though I should just to teach him a lesson, two wrongs don’t make a right.

Then again, the Dark Side does have a way of changing your perception of what’s right and what’s wrong. Just saying...

Reactions: binrat
Their fees are ridiculous. Seems they offer little seller protection where it’s more towards the buyer.

Absolutely. I think the fees are crazy. I've been trying to sell locally. It's difficult, though. The COVID crap has been shutting down hamfests. My most favorite fest is next month. I imagine it'll be canceled.

It’s ridiculous to say the least, the eBay fees and the covid.

Ebay is nice if you need to sell and have no other option to reach that scale. That’s all I can think of to say positive about it.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?