• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dave MAde Rod Of God Antenna *PICS*

Isn't it interesting that they would ban a little quarter wave or even a half wave but then be more than happy to allow them 4 element beam arrays on their vehicles which would suggest that they think this GOD RUD would be unfair? My point is if it is that amazing then only allow it to go up against yagi arrays in comp. I held one of those GOD Rods in my hands back in around 1999 that a channel 6'er was using he was all upset because he could not use it in competition at the time I had a van I had mounted a 1 1/4 aluminum pipe the full length of the roof I use it to mount different antenna arrays on it for experimenting I could easily mount and adjust spacing of elements it worked beautifully and I would do it again if I had a van. Anyway mounted the ROD GOD on first by itself and tested it with a stock 10 watts mobile and another unit about 12 miles away and although it worked okay and matched up ok it was no more efficient than a 102 whip in the same position. I have not given the ROD any more thought and forgot all about the antenna until I seen this post.

Greetings to all I hope you are well before everything .... I bought this antenna a few days ago and I am in tests and the few tests that I do I am super happy with it ... 73s

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_160304.jpg
    IMG_20210116_160304.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 38
Reactions: TheBlaster
Greetings to all I hope you are well before everything .... I bought this antenna a few days ago and I am in tests and the few tests that I do I am super happy with it ... 73s

I hope you are aware that was never ment to be a " ride around " antenna.
Built to be put on, key for a shootout and take it back off.
There is no magic about the antenna, it is a half wave with a vacuum cap in the matching section.
Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.