• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Delta force has a whine

Will do.as soon as it gets here

Yes undertaker im ready to end that whine. And its as bad as cheep ripple

Rwb.. here you go .. just pay for shipping and it's yours, just collecting dust.. I used it with my HR 2510 and what a difference it made... 73 Rick
20180809_130054.jpg rick it made it thank you greatly sir

4 ft wilson silvertip swr 1:1 gronded to door on mirroer mount .single antenna.then a browning coil mounted dead center back of sleeper on hand grab bar.either 1 same noise

There's your problem right there. In both cases you have effectively no RF ground. Sure you may have a good DC ground but you've no RF ground. Its metal under the antenna which matters, not what is alongside it. As a result your coax is being used as part of the antenna system and you get common mode RFI and one of the downsides of common mode RFI is noise ingress.

If you had a good RF ground you would find that you didn't get 1:1 SWR unless you cut a few inches off the antenna and with an antenna like a Wilson Silvertip that it was almost impossible to get 1:1. Stock antennas are sold at a length that works for poor RF grounds as most people are either using magmounts or mounts like you are.

I mount mine using a body mount in the middle of the roof of my car, the hood, hatchback and exhaust are all bonded to the main body of the car. Antenna analyser shows within an ohm of perfect impedance using a 1/4 wave whip. Every CB antenna I get I have to get a dremel out and cut a few inches off. I can run a pre-amp with the engine running and have S0 on the meter.

@M0GVZ - Easy...Easy...It's been raised before but there is a problem...

]could.boss rules onlyuse the 2 posts on dash for cb hookup.id install a breaker in the positive wire and run a ground n positive straight from batterys.its got 4-12 volt batterys wired as 12 volt negative ground.id also make sure all parts are grounded.but its an ecm engine so must be grounded good enough to run knock on wood

He has a "Boss says so" limitation...

It's already been offered, and when it comes to employment - the Boss makes the rules on how to operate their trucks...

Sigh...I know the feeling...

There's your problem right there. In both cases you have effectively no RF ground. Sure you may have a good DC ground but you've no RF ground. Its metal under the antenna which matters, not what is alongside it. As a result your coax is being used as part of the antenna system and you get common mode RFI and one of the downsides of common mode RFI is noise ingress.

If you had a good RF ground you would find that you didn't get 1:1 SWR unless you cut a few inches off the antenna and with an antenna like a Wilson Silvertip that it was almost impossible to get 1:1. Stock antennas are sold at a length that works for poor RF grounds as most people are either using magmounts or mounts like you are.

I mount mine using a body mount in the middle of the roof of my car, the hood, hatchback and exhaust are all bonded to the main body of the car. Antenna analyser shows within an ohm of perfect impedance using a 1/4 wave whip. Every CB antenna I get I have to get a dremel out and cut a few inches off. I can run a pre-amp with the engine running and have S0 on the meter.

the cab has clean ground connection to frame as well as battey to frame starter and engine.the door has a clean ground to cab and the mirror also.on the mirror there is a factory indent for the antenna mount and both are shiny and clean.
Ricks noise filter came in.i installed it and it quietened it down

@M0GVZ - Easy...Easy...It's been raised before but there is a problem...

He has a "Boss says so" limitation...

It's already been offered, and when it comes to employment - the Boss makes the rules on how to operate their trucks...

Sigh...I know the feeling...

how correct you are but when setting in line waiting to unload i unhooked every ground and sandpapered every connection and terminal.actually helped the brightness of headlites.
Boss woulda went ballistic if he knew i cured a problem but what he dont know wont hurt him

Oh how many times at rest areas did I do similar things so the DOT wouldn't go (insert colorful metaphor here) over the conditions of the trucks that company I worked for - left behind for the drivers to wind up getting sacked over.

Oh ye
Oh how many times at rest areas did I do similar things so the DOT wouldn't go (insert colorful metaphor here) over the conditions of the trucks that company I worked for - left behind for the drivers to wind up getting sacked over.

oh yeah done that lots of times myself.im gettin old now n if its got trouble i say let the s.o.b. Set till its fixed

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.