• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dentron DTR-2000L average used pricing

350GA

Oct 14, 2018
Good morning everyone.

I'm thinking about buying a Dentron DTR-2000L in near mint condition from a local here in Georgia.

I was wondering what the average pricing is on them? I can't find much info in Google or hardly any older eBay listings to go off of.

It has a fresh Eimac 8877 in it too.

Any info is appreciated!

Reactions: Tokin

As little as $750 up to $1600 in an ebay bidding frenzy several years ago.
Mostly depends on , is it working? tube condition? original filter caps? (would need to be changed).

I gotcha. It is fully operational, has a fresh 8877 and recent filter cap replacement and a powder coated cover. Extremely clean.

If the filter capacitors in the power supply are "mint" as in "original", include the price of replacing them in your calculation.

That kind of component fails from age alone, and the original set of those is well past its use-by date.

They are famous for working just fine the first day or three, or the first week. Then you will begin to hear mysterious, faint "crack" or "tick" sounds from inside the amplifier. They will occur more and more frequently until you hear a "CRACK!" and the fuse (or breaker) trips out.

If you wait until that stage of things to replace the electrolytics (all of them) there is the risk of collateral damage to other components. In the long run it's cheaper to replace them preemptively. Before they allow any of the magic smoke to escape.

A numeric four-digit date code showing the age of those parts may or may not be visible on the sides of the capacitors. If they have been replaced in the last 15 or 20 years, you may not need to do this just yet. And if you see four-digit date codes that begin with "82" or "83" on the big HV filter caps, they're nearly 40 years old and they'll have to go.

Good morning everyone.

I'm thinking about buying a Dentron DTR-2000L in near mint condition from a local here in Georgia.

I was wondering what the average pricing is on them? I can't find much info in Google or hardly any older eBay listings to go off of.

It has a fresh Eimac 8877 in it too.

Any info is appreciated!
Pics Pics Pics! If you have them post them. If you dont id be asking the seller for pics of this amp from every possible angle with cover(s) off.

Pics Pics Pics! If you have them post them. If you dont id be asking the seller for pics of this amp from every possible angle with cover(s) off.
I gotcha. It is fully operational, has a fresh 8877 and recent filter cap replacement and a powder coated cover. Extremely clean.
350ga I think you got that from me. If you want to sell please let me know. 4704944391 Robert

350ga I think you got that from me. If you want to sell please let me know. 4704944391 Robert
Hey Roadrunner. Sorry for the slow reply man. I haven't been on here in a minute.

No sir, I got that Dentron from a local friend of mine a while back, but it now resides in Oklahoma at its new home.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.