• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Did something stupid yesterday

So it raining out, I decide this is a great time to get worms for fishing. To help "encourage" the worm to surface, I built a worm shocker :eek:

We had an old BBQ grill that had a rotisserie add on. The add on is a steel rod with a wooden handle, the rod would connect to an electric motor to rotate the food.

Anyhow you take the rod with the handle, take an extension cord, cut the end off the cord, connect 1 wire from the cord to the steel rod, tape off the other wire not connected. Plug the extension cord into a 110v outlet :eek: :eek:

The best place in the yard is when the yard is wet, hence the rain storm :blink:

You stick the rod in the ground and the worms come out and you grab them.

Well I decided, the rod was not working because no worms were coming out of the ground. Not thinking, maybe there are no worms here, so I grabbed the rod to "check for power" :LOL::LOL:

I too had a shock similar to the author of this thread and was numb for a few days.

(y)

Reminds me of the time I went to a not so local thrift store and saw this tube Zenith radio, it was half taken apart or out of it case partially so I asked the clerk to plug it in and stupid me touched the metal base of the inside of the radio (which was hot by the way...) and after trying to get the thing working (no audio zip nothing...) I accidentally shocked myself again in the same 5 mins.....

T23

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.