• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Diemar (DMR - Radio!)

C2

Aug 3, 2005
Just checking in on what's happening with DMR. Is it picking up on the worldwide? Is the CS700 the best bet right now, or are we shelling out for Moto?

BTW, it would be nice if the search limit could be set to two characters instead of three.

Hytera is an alternative to Motorola, but they're not cheap either. The CS700 is probably the best thing you can do for an inexpensive radio. The CS7000 is supposed to be out soon that will have both DMR & D-Star in one radio. Also, there is now a bridge between DMR and Hytera D-Star repeaters, which is interesting: http://nwdigitalradio.com/dmr-d-star-gateway. There are a few other Chinese DMR radios starting to come out, as well:
Amazon product ASIN B00KF9T3Q8
Amazon product ASIN B00N8L7N1C

Unfortunately I missed a presentation on this tech at my last club meeting! I know there is a 200 dollar unit out there that is supposed to be decent. Too bad it's a Betamax vs. VHS kind of thing... I really wish they would all talk to each other without having to use converting software.

Brett

OK, so my stupid question I thought of when talking on DMR to a guy a few states over...

When I transmit to the repeater, my data goes into the web and comes out the DMR repeater over there. How does it know which repeater to come out? Silly me, I guess that is programmed into my radio? that's the talk group? My radio is not showing the talk group numbers, just names.

There is a SoCal programmed in, but not sure where that goes.

Also there is activity on the radio, but it's not passing audio. I guess that is because they are on another group code? What code is that? I have programmed Group List = NONE, but that field just allows NONE, ALL, Slot1 or Slot2.

I noticed NorCal is 5150. LoL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.