• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Different Rules & Regulations?

Find someone that is a dead shot with a high caliber scoped rifle. This only works if the jerk lives out in the country BTW. If he is using a beam a couple of well placed shots into the center of the boom and he will have a very funny looking antenna. Or just clip the coax connection at the antenna with a shot or two.

Bad idea. Rifle bullets shot horizontally (even if fired at near vertical angles) will come down with enough velocity to kill a mile or more away. Plus, when the police retrieve the bullet downrange they can always match it to a particular weapon.

Small birdshot, OTOH, fired up into the air rains down harmlessly. And it's untraceable to a specific gun. Plus it's a whole lot easier to hit skinny antenna tubes with a shotgun than a rifle. So load up your 12 gauge with a No. 8 dove & quail load and turn that aluminum framework into something resembling Swiss cheese. The nice open pattern from an improved cylinder choked skeet barrel will totally destroy a gamma match when fired from the alley behind the bucket-mouth's house, instantly rendering the antenna useless.

I'm speaking hypothetically, of course, because I wouldn't know anything about any actual incidents. And any resemblance to any real events is purely coincidental. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm just totally making all this stuff up. ;)

My antenna doesn't sit in an alley, it sits up on the hill behind my house, and I can guarantee you that my gun won't have bird shot in it, and neither will any of my neighbors. In fact, a guy was just shot and killed around here the other day, his buddy took a round too. Those two won't be trespassing again anytime soon.

I'm done with this thread now, but it'd be a shame for a guy to lose his life over a goddamn radio frequency.

My antenna doesn't sit in an alley, it sits up on the hill behind my house, and I can guarantee you that my gun won't have bird shot in it, and neither will any of my neighbors. In fact, a guy was just shot and killed around here the other day, his buddy took a round too. Those two won't be trespassing again anytime soon.

I'm done with this thread now, but it'd be a shame for a guy to lose his life over a goddamn radio frequency.

Who says we're talking about you? A little paranoid now, aren't we?

thats a common MISTAKE,........ you point the antenna AT him ;);) and transmitt

Not really. What everyone is missing is the fact that these idiots do not want to listen to anyone, they just want to key up and cause interference. You could drop an S-9+60 dB signal on him and he can still TX all he wants too. But then again if you did that you would be part of the problem as well and not part of the solution. IMHO noise toys are just that, noise. They are not for talking TO someone but rather causing a bunch of crap on the air when someone is too stupid or too drunk to form an intelligent conversion.

... You could drop an S-9+60 dB signal on him and he can still TX all he wants too...

true, but, i HAVE made what is commonly called a "chrystal ball". . use a 555 timer and....

the bozo will stop, it's not any fun if they can't hear anything:eek:

There are is a truck diver here in Houston that goes by 5th Ward he is annoying as hell he is on the radio a avg of 4 to 5 hrs a day playing his noise toys & talking to himself about the dumbest stuff. Everybody wants to take this guy behind the barn and have him shot he is in top 5 to 7 worst fools I have heard on the CB. There us to be this lady that worked at the pilot truck stop just north of down town every 5 min she would get on to promote the truck wash she worked at. she would even be on the radio when is was like 40 outside & when it was pouring down raing. This lady did not know when to quit she got 20 mile range. Then for like 3 to 4 months she was off I think she got busted when she came back on the radio she only got 5 mile range. Every time I was like 4 miles or less from this truck stop I would drop a dead key for about 1 min she hated when I did it truck drivers loved when I did it they did not have to hear here for the 1 mill time. She has been off the radio for like a yr or now I think she finally got a fine. FCC really does not have time to go after cb ops any more when they spend 70% of there time busting FM pirates running 40w or less with range of 5miles or less

Reactions: 1 person
The best bet is get tapes and send to the fcc,they might be in the area some day...and you send enough,they will get tired of it and do something.And make sure you are on the right when they come by,they might want to talk to ya about it,hehe 73

well

i found the best remedy is to
just ignore him. he will get bored and go away.
or move to another frequency.or wait until he tries to talk
and do the same to him.

A friend of mine some years back had a similar issue. When he found the base station he took a chain and pulled the antenna cable with his truck. He took out the radio and I'm sure did some significant damage to the antenna. The I know the guy would sit around just keying the mic but nobody haas had an issue since.

There are is a truck diver here in Houston that goes by 5th Ward he is annoying as hell he is on the radio a avg of 4 to 5 hrs a day playing his noise toys & talking to himself about the dumbest stuff. Everybody wants to take this guy behind the barn and have him shot he is in top 5 to 7 worst fools I have heard on the CB. There us to be this lady that worked at the pilot truck stop just north of down town every 5 min she would get on to promote the truck wash she worked at. she would even be on the radio when is was like 40 outside & when it was pouring down raing. This lady did not know when to quit she got 20 mile range. Then for like 3 to 4 months she was off I think she got busted when she came back on the radio she only got 5 mile range. Every time I was like 4 miles or less from this truck stop I would drop a dead key for about 1 min she hated when I did it truck drivers loved when I did it they did not have to hear here for the 1 mill time. She has been off the radio for like a yr or now I think she finally got a fine. FCC really does not have time to go after cb ops any more when they spend 70% of there time busting FM pirates running 40w or less with range of 5miles or less

I don't know if it is the same woman, but I've heard a lady on the radio broadcasting what you described. I don't think she is off the air. I've heard her about 5 different days on air last month. She transmits about the truck wash every 10-15 minutes. Maybe its a different woman or maybe you don't hear her because she just changed channels. I think she was on 28 when I heard her.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated