• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Digi problems

W5LZ

Crotchety Old Bastard
Apr 8, 2005
Oklahoma
A local digipeater just changed it's call sign. By it's self, no help with programming etc. It may have been inadvertent, but it happened. I supply a Kenwood '700 for use at the club's repeater site. The club's call sign 'disappeared' and my call sign is now being used. Odd! My call is in only two places in that radio. One written in ink on the inside cover, and the other in the 'Power On' message on start up. That 'Power On' message can be almost anything, it isn't used to identify the radio unless you are looking at the control head when it comes on. The thing is subject to power outages, and is supposed to come back just like it went off. So what the @#$$ is going on? Anyone have any ideas?
- 'Doc

That's odd. Either someone reprogrammed the callsign and is not admitting it or the CPU must have been scrambled during one of the power failures or glitches. Have you tried reprogramming the callsign?

Not yet, the site's not that accessible, gotta wait for a key. There had been some maintenance at the site so there could have been a glitch. It's aggravating. If it's a common thing, there's got to be a 'work around', just need to find it...
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.