• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

digital master 780/hrd and FLdigi are really crash happy

It never did any of that for me. Here is a zipped copy from my own website, no malware there.

http://www.flashbax.com/downloads/hrd52438.zip

On his site, you want the first download at the top of the list, mouse over it and the file path is to an exe. That will set off some antivirus, cause it can't read whats in it. But it is safe.

Yankee, thanks for doing that. I was able to download it from the original site and didn't have any issues with it. I'm pretty sure I grabbed the wrong link on his site, which takes you to a bunch of stuff that is automatically downloaded before you can download the HRD software, and it is all malware.

Just opened the newer version, but haven't had time to play with it hooked up to the Icom. Will see how it does later. I'm interested in at least monitoring the PSK and other digital stuff with it, since I really don't know much about those modes.

Brett

Well, I hope to find someone interested in doing more than monitoring it. :whistle:

There seems to be very few people into using digital outside of the Ham community and there seems to be hundreds of those. DM-780 has quite a few modes that work very well and when your ready to give them a try, PM me. :D

Well, I hope to find someone interested in doing more than monitoring it. :whistle:

There seems to be very few people into using digital outside of the Ham community and there seems to be hundreds of those. DM-780 has quite a few modes that work very well and when your ready to give them a try, PM me. :D

Yankee, thanks! I was intrigued by the low power and bad condition abilities of the digital modes. However, I really do like "talking" to people much more than typing. I will check it out as time allows. As it is, my job keeps me in a vehicle more often than not, so I do most of my QSO's while travelling.

Brett

Low power and bad conditions is what this stuff is made for. Last summer I connected with a guy in France that liked testing the different modes. One day we talked back and forth for 55 minutes using Olivia 8/250. He could only get down to 1.5 watts and I managed a half watt indicated and we never dropped a single word both ways.

Voice is cool and preferable, but he speaks bad English and I don't speak any French, except what I learned from Kermit the Frog. With DM-780 and a tab opened to Google Translate, we did fine.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio