• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

digital meters

My preference is either the Telepost LP-100a, LP-500, LP700 or Array Solutions PowerMaster. I have two LP-700 for monitoring input power/swr and output power/swr. None of which are cheap but they are highly accurate and provide a lot of information as well as ability to set alarms/warnings.

Attachments

• 5FE09576-493F-4B27-8706-37A243A91798.jpeg
    5FE09576-493F-4B27-8706-37A243A91798.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 109
The Power Masters are great…yes I’ve owned two. What moved me to the Telepost was the larger LCD, multiple…( I think 6 or 7)built in test tones, various waveform patterns, more information displayed on the screen at one time, and easier setup menu. up to four couplers on one unit, two PTT lines for amplifiers.

Reactions: Eldorado828
All kidding aside, I also like Larry Post's LP100. Had a delightful conversation with Larry the year he introduced it at the Dayton Hamvention. He was very generous about explaining the basis for his design, and need to display reactance and resistance separately. Did have one memorable moment. His meter displays magnitude of X (reactance) but not the sign, as in capacitive or inductive. Asked him about resolving the sign of X, and he starts talking about the need for two copies of the test signal in quadrature. In all fairness, that's how a vector network analyzer does this.

I suggested the "HP" method. Just raise the frequency enough to see the magnitude change. If X goes up, then the reactance is inductive. If it goes down, it's capacitive.

I was a bit surprised he hadn't considered that method. Just the same, his wattmeter is a well thought-out, accurate well-built instrument.

Full disclosure: I don't own one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.