• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Digital modes on 11m

I was just looking at the Delta Alpha DX Adventure Radio Club website and came across this article about the emergence of digital modes on 11m. I was wondering if anyone has seen this activity in the US?

http://www.delta-alfa.com/nets-4-digi-dudes/

So this is a speech to CW processor that down loads to net? Your radio is connected to computer rather than the antenna? I can see a benefit for long-distance and high RF. Takes all the fun of doing the Radar O'Reilly thing and turning the knobs yourself. Removes all that achievement from hard work. I guess it has pro's as stable comm's, but you are relying on another piece of equipment to do the work. Hmmm? 11 meter burst transmitions to the internet. They do the CW burst to repeaters to send/ rec. across continents. Even that does not seem like radio. But it is, I guess.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
So this is a speech to CW processor that down loads to net? Your radio is connected to computer rather than the antenna? I can see a benefit for long-distance and high RF. Takes all the fun of doing the Radar O'Reilly thing and turning the knobs yourself. Removes all that achievement from hard work. I guess it has pro's as stable comm's, but you are relying on another piece of equipment to do the work. Hmmm? 11 meter burst transmitions to the internet. They do the CW burst to repeaters to send/ rec. across continents. Even that does not seem like radio. But it is, I guess.
I'm not sure exactly what it is. Radio over computer, or computer over the radio. Either we are behind the times or they just don't get 11m..... maybe someday the DX will come back.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.