• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dipole on a big rig swrs

Use Two equal length antennas & you will get better results.Also there is only One SWR not any SWR's unless you have more than One antenna & not connected together but Two different antennas on a seperate piece of coax.SWR = Standing Wave Ratio.No Standing Wave Ratios.

SIX-SHOOTER

Spent a number of hours several days ago in going thru seven (7) configurations of the Wilson 2000 pair. (On my 579 PETE MOBILE INSTALL thread).

http://www.cbtricks.com/pub/secret_cb/vol_12/graphics/secret_cb_vol_12_pg54_55.pdf

Back around 1982, I used to work for Jim Kern of Fix-It Man CB -aka- Kern's CB Sales and Service, who claimed he invented the Spread Eagle Antenna. He started out with a shop just south of Toledo Ohio, and opened a 2nd shop on I-40 in central Tennessee (when I was age 18), before he sold both places and moved to Monteagle Tenn. Spread Eagle was later sold to Barjan (who manufactured them for him), who later mothballed the idea.
I still have the bottom element of one of these in storage, which has a large static ball on the tip end, under the cap. Each element was isolated from the bracket by double insulators, and using eyelets on the end of the coax, the "hot" went to the top, and the shield went to the bottom element (with the static ball described above). It was designed as a "No Ground Antenna", and we installed them on ground problem trucks, and even used them in some places as "no ground" low profile base antennas.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover
http://www.cbtricks.com/pub/secret_cb/vol_12/graphics/secret_cb_vol_12_pg54_55.pdf

Back around 1982, I used to work for Jim Kern of Fix-It Man CB -aka- Kern's CB Sales and Service, who claimed he invented the Spread Eagle Antenna. He started out with a shop just south of Toledo Ohio, and opened a 2nd shop on I-40 in central Tennessee (when I was age 18), before he sold both places and moved to Monteagle Tenn. Spread Eagle was later sold to Barjan (who manufactured them for him), who later mothballed the idea.
I still have the bottom element of one of these in storage, which has a large static ball on the tip end, under the cap. Each element was isolated from the bracket by double insulators, and using eyelets on the end of the coax, the "hot" went to the top, and the shield went to the bottom element (with the static ball described above). It was designed as a "No Ground Antenna", and we installed them on ground problem trucks, and even used them in some places as "no ground" low profile base antennas.

A Half Wave antenna is for a vehicle with No Ground Plane & I have had very good success on Amateur Radio on the VHF Bands with them over the years & they are used on boats with very good success as well.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: NZ8N and Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated