• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dipoles

The fiberglass pole is sections of US Military tent/canopy poles…Ebay. I forget exactly but each section is approx. 4.5 feet. They fit together. Mine is 20’ +- from ground level to the top. Eye bolt through the top is attacment point for Balun. Yes I think you could use these 10’ above the house. I think if you went from ground up and attached it well to house all would be good.

S & W, I found a Military surplus place called Coleman's Military Surplus supplies or something like that has 6 4.5 ft fiberglass tent post for $9.99 plus tax but not sure about shipping which sounds pretty good to me

S & W, I found a Military surplus place called Coleman's Military Surplus supplies or something like that has 6 4.5 ft fiberglass tent post for $9.99 plus tax but not sure about shipping which sounds pretty good to me.
Ok S & W, the diameter is 1.82 inch but not shure about the eye bolt, i did'nt see anything about that, but there should be an eye bolt tjat may work, i looked everywhere and did'nt see anything to hang the dipole on, i about rigging some kind of clamp, i did find a pole clamp that had a about 1 inch i think, that too did'nt have much info but maybe it would work, this clamo had a square that stuck off the side and had a hole in it so mayb you could bolt some kind of hook and let the balum hand from it, and let the dipole, ( the long ends hang down) pull them down the sides and tie them down to the side of the roof like what i was saying before.

Sounds like you have a great plan. I drilled a hole and put the eye bolt thru and tightened down with a washer on each side and a nut on the bolt’s threads.

Eye bolt came From a hardware store.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.