• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

directional gainmasters

I was not looking for any change Eddie & its the first time either has mentioned it,

probably would have never cropped up in conversation if one of them had not taken his down to swap a snapped section, put it back up & noticed i was down a little but others had gone up a little,
looking at it he realised it was rotated so he had somebody turn it back while watching the meter,

they are not the kind of guys to make it up so there has to be some explanation whatever that may be.

ps,
my wife never complains about my antennas, when they do they are more concerned about what other people think than you been happy.

Reactions: Marconi
View attachment 34565 This was the Antronmax 827 during construction. 827 hub, Imax lower section and Antron two upper sections. To tune it needed a 10pf coax stub in parallel to the coil. Now up and running, SWR 1.1 to 1 on my local frequencies and only 1.2 to 1 on frequencies 700khz either side of resonance which is quite good. Had good radio reports so far.
I see you did opt for an LC network to match it after all. Great job, and extremely interesting to me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.