• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DIY M12864 Graphics Version Transistor Tester Kit LCR ESR PWM

Radio Tech

Radio Operator
Sep 9, 2008
North Carolina
www.gokarters.com
In this video I take a look at one of the latest component testers from Banggood.com.
This tester comes in kit form and is a pleasure to put together.
Kit cost around $20.00 US dollars and for a few more bucks you can order a case with it.

Banggood.com
http://www.banggood.com/DIY-M12864-Graphics-Version-Transistor-Tester-Kit-LCR-ESR-PWM-p-986954.html

VoltLog

To learn more about these type of testers check out this thread:
EEVblog
$20 LCR ESR Transistor checker project
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/

Reactions: Tallman

Having an ESR tester in this device makes it worth it all by itsef - IMO.
Cool!

You are correct. no tech bench should be without a ESR tester. I see folks all the time test caps with a DMM for shorts or test wit ha cap meter to see if in tolerance. But we know that equivalent series resistance is a very important factor when it comes to capacitors. You can say it is the health of a cap.

I like. I think I'll order one + case today! I have the Atlas Transistor checker that I paid around $80. They also have an ESR tester that will cost me around $180(CAN) that I have been pondering awhile but not at that price. Banggood it is!

dca55.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Radio Tech
I bought this one. It allows me to buy transistors in bulk and beta/gain match them myself. Saves me some money and I know they are matched. I bought some mini clips and soldered them into place instead of the green socket. Easier for me to handle and the leads are color coded and makes device lead easier to note. I also have the alligator clips too,
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=221921873284

Last edited:
You may have made the right choice. Upon further inspection of what I just bought, I noticed the SMD testing pads on the bottom right of the board. When you use the case you lose access to those pads.

View attachment 16848

I seldom use those pads. They do work nice. But you can over come that very easy once the case in installed. Etch a small board in the shape of the smd pads. Drill some small holes and install pins so you drop the board into the zif socket and lock it down.

I did this but installed 3 color coded leads with clips. So when I need to test something that does not fit into the socket or something that is in circuit I just plug my little board into it and there ya go.

Tallman,
That works pretty good for quick test. I agree.

Reactions: Robb
Good idea. You are ahead of me on this. Since I am just a hobbyist at this, I will probably be using it even less. No etching equipment here, would be a nice to have when needed though.

Naw you are up there too bro. I seen your videos :)

Always nice to have etchant on hand, or a good bread board to test circuits with.

Don't know why but I never got an alert that someone posted in this thread.

Let us know how you like it.
Received and constructed. Overall, a good package. Not without any issues though, documentation that you have to search for and poor once you find it. I had to re-solder 3 transistors below the display because they were sitting too high for the display board, I thought I killed it but they took the extra heat. Whew! I only used the bottom half of the case because I didn't want to lose the features that would be covered by the top half of the case. I re-purposed a couple of stand-offs to support the lower half of the board. I already have the Atlas transistor tester so my main intention was to have a capacitor ESR tester for $30, mission accomplished.

banggood lcr esr pwm tester_small.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.