• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DMR Crap

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
DMR is supposed to be the fastest growing segment of ham radio. I dabbled with Fusion a little before selling everything. Hated it!

My wife's cousin talked me into trying DMR. I'm familiar with it from my Public Service days. We were on the Ohio MARC'S-IP system. I just need elmered as far as settings pertain to ham radio.

Everything was going good until I bought my Zumespot hotspot from HRO. I sat for 2 damn days trying to get it configured. The quick start guide is bullshit and missing information. Finally, HRO says mine is defective and gonna send me a new one. I understand the whole ham experimentation crap. Why the hell can't they make this digital stuff easier. I bet a large majority throw these things in the trash. If you aren't a software developer and communications engineer, you'll suffer.

It's damn aggravating. Probably why I shy from the data modes, except for CW.

I ordered another hotspot while I'm waiting on HRO to replace my fancy one. If they don't work, imma gonna toss it.

Reactions: Rwb and Robb

It's a new level of privacy that many don't want their freedoms encroached upon...

Similar to VPN - it's why many won't help you - they think you'll hack them.

Worse than the CTSS - for if the officer/Worker/You needing help or working a location needs to call and is in "shadow" - their burst and tracking would not work well.

It's a new level of privacy that many don't want their freedoms encroached upon...

Similar to VPN - it's why many won't help you - they think you'll hack them.

Worse than the CTSS - for if the officer/Worker/You needing help or working a location needs to call and is in "shadow" - their burst and tracking would not work well.
id say without doubt your right andy. Oh keep watching your personal messages here gonna send 1 to you i think you will be astonished by

Reactions: Handy Andy
I’ve been doing the digital VOIP crap for 5 years. If you have any questions about how to configure or program your sh^t, I will be glad to answer any question I can.

I have a YSF Reflector and a couple of talk groups, if you want to talk via VOIP. I can provide those details.

Reactions: KD8HMO

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.