• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Do I have these gamma matches in the right place

you have the vert correct.

the horiz gamma on the left needs to go beneath the boom

OK, that did the trick. I now have sweet curves where I'll operate. Still need to tweak the flat side a smidgen. Would it be best to mount all the horizontal elements below the boom, or leave them be?

Thank you!

It's not, it is contradictory in a few areas. I called a tech at MFJ. As we were on the phone, he noticed that as well. If you look at the manual, you'll see it shows a couple different assembly steps.One figure shows it like I have it now and another figure is opposite. The illustration on the front page is even different.
The manual should be your best buddy helping you during installation.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
OK, that did the trick. I now have sweet curves where I'll operate. Still need to tweak the flat side a smidgen. Would it be best to mount all the horizontal elements below the boom, or leave them be?

Thank you!

Well, technically, they should all be in the same plane (all below the boom), but, I don't think you will see any difference.

Reactions: Mudfoot
Mount the H elements under the boom. That will solve the issue.

IMG_20190801_195101555.jpg
IMG_20190801_195029567.jpg
IMG_20190801_195037474.jpg
IMG_20190801_195054121.jpg
I just mounted the Reddi Match only, under the boom and both planes have excellent SWR. I think I'll mount the elements below just to be safe. Trying to get my analyzer to print out some charts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Kilowatt

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.