• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Do I own the only Galaxy DX55 HP

Cat Driver

Feb 2, 2007
Lake of The Ozarks
When I got this from sparky's last spring, he said it was the cats meow an was a big seller for him. I have never ever seen this radio listed on his site anywhere or time since (I had just bought it new from him over the phone on his recommendation)

If it was as good a radio as he claimed, I'd figured he would have it up an listed on his website

Can't say its a bad radio, but I don't think it is up to his praise's of it either. I just haven't run into anybody in almost a year that has one or even has talked about them anywhere.

Attachments

• dx55hp.jpg
    dx55hp.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 107

Ummm, uhh, ahem, there are several operators that own and use them. They are on "other" radio forums.

I do not get involved in "Forum Wars" (Most of the time. I did slip a little bit a couple of weeks back, :blushing: but will not slip again)if you want to know where to go, PM me.

I intend to add 1 back to my Galaxy collection in the next year to replace the one I sold like the idiot that I am.

The only excuse I can offer in my defense for letting mine go was that I ran into a fellow that heard it, liked the way it was tuned and sounded and had to have it right that minute. Nice fellow, had more money than good sense so I sold it.

I had one for a while, sold it to a local idiot. They deserve each other.

If Sparky tuned it then it was done right and should be sounding good. He is one of maybe 6 places that I would trust to work on a radio. Ya can't make everyone happy though, even Doug at CBR has afew pissers and moaners that gripe about him on forums.

Well, whatever I just figured that if it was as good a radio as he said, he would surely would have had it listed on his site in almost a years time.

I just thought it funny that he talked the radio up so much, but doesn't show it anywhere.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.