• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Does anybody else hear the chatter on channel 9?

May 28, 2023
In my area I am hearing a group of people speaking spanish on channel 9 about every evening. They seem to just be acting idiotic. I don’t speak spanish but I can tell what they are saying is simply repeating the same phrase or few words over and over again at times, like the guy keys up and goes on for 10 seconds just saying the same one or two words, repetitively. At other times they just make random, senseless noises, not speaking at all, just la la la kinda stuff over and over.

Whoever it is, they run so much power that they bleed across multiple channels. I can pick them up on channels 7 through 13, very staticky, and on channel 9 really clearly. It seems their transmissions come from channel 9 and bleed over on the other channels. Does anyone else hear it? I figure if they’re using a lot of power, maybe I’m not the only one who hears them. I guess it doesn’t much matter about using channel 9 because it’s not likely being monitored for emergencies anyway. But with these guys doing this, it makes it unusable, as well as the adjacent channels.

Last edited:

I often hear heavy Spanish activity on 9 and 5 with very little else heard besides the locals on other channels. Even the big gun stations on 6 or 11 are relatively quiet. From my location near Buffalo, that is a sign the skip has gone long, mainly into Central or South America. There are shenanigans on 9 just like all the other channels, but I’m hearing mostly business communications on those frequencies.

Reactions: NZ8N

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.