• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Does anyone remeber a cb place in ohio called rrs or something close to that?

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
I was talking with pacman on channel 20 today during skip and he told me he got his really cool sounding tweety bird key up sound from a place in ohio called rrs, sound familiar to anyone?

check out my you tube channel

azmann30

I was talking with pacman on channel 20 today during skip and he told me he got his really cool sounding tweety bird key up sound from a place in ohio called rrs, sound familiar to anyone?

check out my you tube channel

azmann30

Ohio is a fairly large state, could you narrow it down a little?

Are you sure it wasn't CRS? There was a place called CRS, but it was located in New York. It is possible that they might have moved.

The only thing he told me was that he bought his from the "buckeye" state I know that's not a lot of help but its all I have to go buy and I have bought tweety's from wire weasel before and his never sounded like this guy's

Thanks,Dan

azmann30 my you tube channel

That whistle sounding wind up toy that rises in pitch has been built by a couple locals around here (the Columbus area) over the years. There are probably others out there as well, but I know of two that build the one heard in your youtube videos. (they called it a Spacebird) The last one I know of that sold those was Roadstar 188 (I know because I helped him with the switching circuit to make it key up with the MIC PTT instead of push button).

However, these have not been built or sold for a while last I recall, at least the last year and a half maybe 2 years, He has been pretty busy. So if any were purchased recently, I’m not sure who it would be.

Noise toys can be fun to play with occasionally, but I don’t use them otherwise & have not been interested in them in several years. I generally do not mind hearing them, though some can be quite annoying after a while.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio