1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

donkeystomper amps

Discussion in 'Amplifiers' started by roger460xvr, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Tinman

Tinman Member

I own a donkey Stomper 8 pill with B biasing and it runs great.
    He also repaired an old 2 pill I had from another builder from back in the 90's.
    His quality and business practices are top notch.
    I won't hesitate to buy another.

Shadetree Mechanic and 144inBama like this.

2. 144inBama

144inBama Electricity doesn't kill you, ignorance does.

Yes sir,
    I was genuinely surprised by his attitude and openness. He doesn't try to sell you the most expensive amp or blow smoke up your exhaust pipe. I told him what I wanted, originally a 2X4, and what my alternator was rated at....he told me I'd be better off getting the 1X4 because the 2X4 might be too hard on the power system and I probably wouldn't be able to run it like it should be (because GMC has that @#$!* Adaptive Charging system). So, he could have made a couple more dollars, but he was more concerned about me buying something I couldn't use. Now granted, I'm sure he wanted to make sure I didn't buy something I couldn't run and then bad mouth him because it wasn't running like it should. And another plus (to me anyway) out of all of his videos, I've NEVER heard him bad mouth another builder or their work, he'll cover the name, fix it, and run it. He doesn't talk about "oh they used cheap parts, they could have done this and that...blah blah blah".In other words, he doesn't try to make others look bad to make himself look better, I call that integrity and there ain't much of that left these days.
    *edit to add*
    The price of the 1X4 was $575 shipped, which was $50 more than I paid for the Texas Star 500V shipped. But he uses 5 x 2879 HGs, not the &%@#$%* DEIs.

#92 144inBama, Sep 17, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
    Tinman and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  3. 9C1Driver

9C1Driver Sr. Member

I wish builders would stop making a 2x4 amplifier period. It was already overkill on the drive when you could get Toshiba finals. Now with HG being all you can get I just don't see a new 2x4 lasting very long. Your much better off with a 4 pill or a 1x4 if you have a low powered radio.

USXDriver, Crusher, Tinman and 2 others like this.
  4. Ziploc

Ziploc Active Member

Yah pay 150.00 for 1 pill . Lol

5. 543_Dallas

543_Dallas Sr. Member

Even when Toshiba pills were cheap a 2x4 was a bad idea. The guy that came up with it should be kicked in the groin. The only thing worse was the 2x2. I think it was Stroker Amps that made those.

9C1Driver, Tokin and Tinman like this.
  6. Ranch55

Ranch55 Well-Known Member

Not when I wrote that reply......... in 2017

Ziploc likes this.
  7. Tinman

Tinman Member

Agreed! He is a stand up guy.
    I have had a few conversations with him since my build and he always gives it to me straight.
    He even takes the time to explain things that I could do myself and save me some money.
    Integrity is rare these days and it goes a long way with me.

144inBama and Shadetree Mechanic like this.
  8. Tinman

Tinman Member

Agreed! Same with the 2×6.
    With today's radio options there is no reason to push them so hard.
    I have a straight 8 because I wanted to be able to drive it with my Lincoln safely and maybe a stryker down the road. So now I can loaf it along and if I need a little more I turn on the 2 pill and drive it a little. Otherwise I just run the 2 pill.

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.