• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Don't blow up your finals!

brandon7861

Loose Wire
Nov 28, 2018
Reposting... After learning how to do it in SimSmith (i think), the video I had shared at 1am wasn't that cool, and in trying to make a different one and deleting the first, the entire thread disappeared. The cost of doing this half asleep.

Here is the DX247 output network showing what happens when going from 4w (4.5Ω) to 10w (1.8Ω). Although I did not have the exact values of the inductors (not marked on schematic), having the capacitor values helped me narrow it down.
2547 match.png

This is assuming it was designed for 4.5Ω. But if I had to guess, I think they did the inductors a little different to accomidate SSB power levels and did something like this to split the difference. I wouldn't know without pulling the inductors.
2547 match2.png

Lots to think about! But I spent all night trying to fix the post I accidentally deleted, all I wanted to do was swap a dang video and it turned into this, so thats it for tonight.

And here is the link to the paper I mentioned about the filter stuff
The first example of that pdf, they use a balun to match to the half wave filter instead of a L network, but after that, its the same half-wave filter... And the fact I couldn't make the capacitor values from the schematic put the L match to 50Ω starting from 4.5Ω, I wonder if there is a small amount of transistor reactance to consider too...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.