• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DOSY FC50S?

Dosy FC50-S AM SSB In-Line Frequency Counter - YouTube

Although CBRM did a fine video review of this counter, my opinion of this counter itself is that it is a huge piece of cr^p. I would never buy it or use it. I would buy a simple bench-type freq counter sold on eBay/made in China for the same price or less and it would be far more accurate.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5336136228&icep_item=171110080889

You would have to construct a coax sampler which is very easy to do. You would also need to get a 1khz tone generator for the mic, or use a 1khz audio signal found online. This would accomplish the same end with far greater accuracy and about the same cost. So no; the Dosy is NOT worth the $80.

http://www.freesound.org/people/klangfabrik/sounds/28636/

Last edited:
Lester of LesCom sells a modified freq counter in that he changed a component for a tighter tolerance unit but with all freq counters,they have to be adjusted.
www.lesterscustoms.com

Lester showed the freq counter on his Uniden 980 SSB cracked video before he edited it and I found it in his web store but can't find it right now. He does do these though.
http://youtu.be/AMyNXQOLaMg

Last edited:
Dosy FC50-S AM SSB In-Line Frequency Counter - YouTube

Although CBRM did a fine video review of this counter, my opinion of this counter itself is that it is a huge piece of cr^p. I would never buy it or use it. I would buy a simple bench-type freq counter sold on eBay/made in China for the same price or less and it would be far more accurate.

New VC2000 Frequency Counter RF Meter 10 Hz 2 4 GHz w Warranty Free Shipping | eBay

You would have to construct a coax sampler which is very easy to do. You would also need to get a 1khz tone generator for the mic, or use a 1khz audio signal found online. This would accomplish the same end with far greater accuracy and about the same cost. So no; the Dosy is NOT worth the $80.

Freesound.org - "TONE 1 kHz 44.1 16bit.wav" by klangfabrik

I understand what you are saying, BUT, it would be pretty impractical to try and run a sampler and bench counter in the car. Know what I mean?

for a mobile radio a stable radio and un-locked clarifier is a must,, no mobile that has a locked clarifier is going to always be on frequency, especially around here with winter temp changes from cold vehicle (-10*f to 80*F) to heated up interior. I have the optima mk3 in the mobile now and no problem talking to anyone no matter what the interior temp is, just tune the clarifier and talk,, if the interior and radio warms up some just touch up the clarifier, no need for a freq counter

now my maxlog m-8800 never needed the clarifier touched no matter what the temp when I had it in the mobile last winter, but the optima receives so much better and easier to tune through the band that it is now my radio of choice for the mobile

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.