• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dosy TC-4002PSW meter

renagade

Jun 18, 2023
why would i not be able to set the needle to the swr set line? i kust hooked up my dosy to a new base staion to set the swr and it will not adjust the needle to the swr set line

• Haha
Reactions: groundwire

why would i not be able to set the needle to the swr set line? i kust hooked up my dosy to a new base staion to set the swr and it will not adjust the needle to the swr set line
Remember that it's a Cheap meter so don't expect it to perform like a quality SWR Wattmeter. I use them for target practice at the Gun Range & they work great for that. For about the same money you can buy a Diamond that is a far better meter. I have had a lot of the Dosy meters & all were very poor so I no longer waste my money on them other than the amunition I put through them which is not a waste & it's a lot of Fun. {:>)

Reactions: groundwire and L2
I would suspect not enough carrier or the SWR is so high that it cuts back the carrier.

And don’t waste your money on one of these Turds either!IMG_4631.jpeg

David

Reactions: renagade
Every time I experience the problem is because too low of a dead key ! Turn your dead key up and then check your SWR, then you can turn your dead key back down.

A meter that can tolerate more than 2000 Watt peaks will require a few Watts of carrier just to reach the "cal" mark on the meter.

And a meter that stops at 300 Watts max might let you hit the "CAL" mark with less than a Watt of carrier power.

Hard to design a wattmeter that has more than a thousand-to-one ratio between max wattage and minimum "Cal" carrier power.

Unless this meter has a bad diode in it, you should get a proper SWR Cal setting with 3 or 4 Watts carrier.

This type of instrument generally gives an indication of reflected power but has no way of equating reflected power with SWR. You the end user has to massage the readings and see if you're being told straight stuff.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.