• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dosy TFC 3001

M

Mr Gnome1

I'm thinking of getting a Dosy TFC 3001 with the built in freq counter. The reason is for the freq counter in it. I have a Delta Force that won't stay on freq on SSB and this way I'd know when it went off and make adjustments to it.

Is the one in the Dosy good? Would I just be better off getting an in-line one...what brand and where from? One reason I like the Dosy, no more in-line and loss from having more in-line. Then I'd need one to handle over 400 watts.

Thanks,

Mr Gnome

</p>

I use the TFC 3001. It does the job that it is designed for.

I remind you that when in the coax line of things the frequency counter will read a steady reading on AM dead key only. If you are looking for a constant, steady reading on both AM and SSB it must be wired direct to the radio's pcb.

Hope this helps.

</p>

Voice produces different frequencies. The meter is trying to keep up with the change.

If it were wired direct to the PCB it would show keying but not pick up the voice deflection.

That is the draw back of a unit that picks up off the coax.

Hope this helps.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.