• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DTB Radio

hacksaw

Jan 25, 2009
So I ordered a CRE 8900 from DTB. They have been in good communication up until March 8th. He stated that my radio came in and would ship either Friday or Mon of this week. I've tried since Mon to get a tracking number with ZERO email replies. Should I be worried? I used paypal so filing a claim and getting my funds back won't be a problem. I'm no where to that point yet, by I expect a reply email update. Is that to much to ask?
Shawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give it some time as I know he is a very busy tech as he is good. Wait a couple days if your item doesn't return, then file claim. DTB does good work and it takes time to do so.

Oh I understand. But u don't like being told a new radio will ship on mon and not get a tracking number or reply email by thursday

Give it some time as I know he is a very busy tech as he is good. Wait a couple days if your item doesn't return, then file claim. DTB does good work and it takes time to do so.
I've been self employed since 1995 (save a small stint in '10/'11) and being busy is no excuse for a lack of communication. Especially in this information age where everyone has a form of electronic communication.

I've been self employed since 1995 (save a small stint in '10/'11) and being busy is no excuse for a lack of communication. Especially in this information age where everyone has a form of electronic communication.

Thank you! Well said

I always ask DTB through an email to let me know when an item is shipped and to please provide a tracking number. I'd wait the appointed time that DTB would tell me when the item will ship and then I take a chill pill and don't bug him. Sometimes at near the end of the day he'll even pick up the phone and talk to me when I call him.
:D

I've had a lot of work done at DTB and Dave is very honest and a hard worker, I think he is closed on Monday because he works Saturday but not 100% sure. He's taken very good care of my radios for many years now so believe me if he was dishonest I would have quit years ago, I feel, he is one of the Best Most Honest repair guys in the entire US.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah. I jumped the gun. I just wanted the tracking number being I'm out if town from today till mon. I got the radio yesterday afternoon... All is good. Cre-8900

Hacksaw, his shop is a 3 hr ride for me and I go there sometimes with heavy or big base radios, I was there one day when UPS came, he asked me to wait while he unpacked radios, gave them a align and tune, repacked them back up and had them ready to ship out so on his way home he could get them in the mail. I don't think there is any shop that does that. I didn't mind waiting and he did a great job on all the turds that I brought him. He can make a crummy radio sound good with some output at a good price also.

One must take into consideration that most of the good tuners are 'old school'. They were doing this before emails or even cell phones. The internet and shipping industry has grown around them and they are keeping up as best they can.

I emailed Bell's about checking out a recent 79-290 purchase of mine and aligning it as well as replace a few darkened components. He gave me a 4-5 week turnaround after it's in his hands. So everyone that's anyone is busy busy.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.