• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Dual CB and Antenna Question

CBerg

Jul 29, 2018
I have two CB's, 1 in the office and planning on putting 1 on the back patio so I can smoke a cigar while talking to locals. The office one is running on a RM Italy KL503 fed to an A99. The patio will be running a KL203. Problem is they are on opposite ends of the house.I looked into a 1x2 antenna switch scenario but the cost of the switch, extra cable, etc, it would be cheaper to mount another A99 at the patio about 25' from the other one. Is this wise at all? Would keying up @ 150+ watts damage the other radio or cause propagation issues?
Any info would be very helpful!

Reactions: secret squirrel

Hi CB,
I do basically the same thing with the station in my house and another one in my detached garage. I run two separate antennas and always make sure to have only one operating at a time. I don't want to overload the front end of the radio that is sitting idle. There is another option, a wireless microphone. Uniden makes a nice one and I can go half way around the block with it. I use it with the uniden 980 but it can be adapted to many other radios. This might be a better option than putting a second antenna on the house. I use mine at the bonfire in the back yard.

IMG_20200322_162258790.jpg
Chris

Hi CB,
I do basically the same thing with the station in my house and another one in my detached garage. I run two separate antennas and always make sure to have only one operating at a time. I don't want to overload the front end of the radio that is sitting idle. There is another option, a wireless microphone. Uniden makes a nice one and I can go half way around the block with it. I use it with the uniden 980 but it can be adapted to many other radios. This might be a better option than putting a second antenna on the house. I use mine at the bonfire in the back yard.

View attachment 39149
Chris
Does the CB audio come back to the mic? 980 SSB is the radio I'll be using on the patio. I could care less if it gets some weather as like most 980's the display is half dead and might soon wind up at the range for me to try out my new 1911 A1 on.
If the audio return is though the mic and I can make it work with my office DX-2547 I will try that first.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.