• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

dx contacts

as JJD asked 'Where are ya located countryboy?'-odds are 688 GA to you was E skip. nothing personal, highlander, but if it was E skip, it is a seasonal, twice yearly phenomena that occurs irregardless of sunspots, time in cycle etc. not that i don't like a good e skip event! you would be surprised at how many LONG TIME and active hams don't know that!!! 'wow, i haven't heard 10m open in years....' as the nj ham tells the fl contact, ignorant to knowledge of sporadic e propagation.
now, JJD, if you've used 26.835 in the past, i've talked to you there, that was F-layer skip. highlander, if you're in IL, it's quite possible i've talked to you on E skip. and if 688 is in SW GA, i've talked to him as well, quite possibly on the same channel as highlander....which just happens to be the same channel i spoke to 'lazy bones' on today ;-)

Yes, I know what E-layer propagation is. :>

I also know about scatter-mode, aurora, tropo, and trans-equatorial, too. I have read about grey-line, long-path, and NVIS while we're at it, also! I even know what a great circle is, LOL.

My statement is no less true, 11 meters should just get better and better.

as JJD asked 'Where are ya located countryboy?'-odds are 688 GA to you was E skip. nothing personal, highlander, but if it was E skip, it is a seasonal, twice yearly phenomena that occurs irregardless of sunspots, time in cycle etc. not that i don't like a good e skip event! you would be surprised at how many LONG TIME and active hams don't know that!!! 'wow, i haven't heard 10m open in years....' as the nj ham tells the fl contact, ignorant to knowledge of sporadic e propagation.
now, JJD, if you've used 26.835 in the past, i've talked to you there, that was F-layer skip. highlander, if you're in IL, it's quite possible i've talked to you on E skip. and if 688 is in SW GA, i've talked to him as well, quite possibly on the same channel as highlander....which just happens to be the same channel i spoke to 'lazy bones' on today ;-)

May have been me, if it was like last year or maybe year before...I have been on that channel before, but not much anymore because the Predator 10K Comp. antenna's I use now, are more narrow banded than the other 10K's, and I have them tuned more for the 11 meter band. I can go to 26.915 and still be Ok, but thats about as far south as I venture now days.

I also talked with "Country Boy" in No.Carolina on 07/29 ch.6 (27.025 or so).
Shooot, I reckon there are a pastle of them there "country boys" out there.

Michael Joe

well iam looking forward to the band openning up in the fall its been very poor this past 4 years as skip goes from the usa it will be nice to talk across the pond again me and my equipment are ready any operators have any input on when the cycle will peak hopefully it will last 5 years or more of good dx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.