• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Dx in South Texas

Some good stuff this last evening and this morning.
Several pacific stations in last nite, Indonisan stations were coming into s Texas at 4/5 levels, several SWL'd working s and central America. I made a couple calls but conditions were not with me...
This morning Europe Scandinavia,north Africa were heard...not worked but I did have a nice contact into Russia .... My first!
The band is getting better and I do not hear the jammers today thus far! Good luck everyone

I just got 101AT170 Andy 27.600usb 5/6 @5:30pm from Lihir Island:D
Funny how loud he came in for about 5min then disappeared.
Now will see what conditions will be on Sat.

Philpoh....great contact! My brag and my first contact into the division for the day is 76ED/CN activation for Morocco!
Check out 27.520 I worked Stephane with QRP with appro. 20 watts!
Many stations on the band in s Texas ..... Good luck!
Another 20 watt contact into reunion 173at127 ! Today the Dx is good to say the least....:drool:

Last edited:
Philpoh....great contact! My brag and my first contact into the division for the day is 76ED/CN activation for Morocco!
Check out 27.520 I worked Stephane with QRP with appro. 20 watts!
Many stations on the band in s Texas ..... Good luck!
Another 20 watt contact into reunion 173at127 ! Today the Dx is good to say the least....:drool:
ghutch - good contact into Reunion Is, especially on just 20 watts(y)

Thanks Larry....I made several today and actually turned down power after the QSO was in progress. Not one station could tell much change? 20 to 70 to 100 does not make a huge difference or at least today it did not.
Worked a3wayQso today with 9dx04 north ontario using .480 milliwatts, 163au001 he using 4-8 watts and my station using 20 watts. Worked Stephan with 20 and later the Reunion island station I turned down to 20 and had no issues. Conditions were great worked a 43 division inland/outback station tonite with 20.
QRP is working!
I do not know what sunspot number is doing but conditions were good...band opened here wide open between 735 am and 745am cst.....700 to 735 all i could hear was very slight fading calls and static.
SWL'D a couple Russian stations working Hungary this morning about 845-900cst...several Poland stations about the same timeline. The world AT contest had the bands crowded more than usual. The 84 division I could not hear...there was a pileup...I just did not hear them!:thumbdown: tomorrow ? Is a new Dx day. Good luck guys

Opened at 745 am just like normal! Hear static and very low partial voices till almost 800... Greyline does not work for me?
Some very cool stations today....21 division north of Stockholm, 45 division, 109 Hungary 109ha134 YL contact
45FE001 serbia using 20watts, and a 301 division, 301RC107 Ivan from Armenia
Heard several weak fading eastern Europeans Bulgaria,Romania very weak and the stronger stations in Europe and the uk cover them up! Some stations in uk use 555 as a qso freq!, <can not stand it>
This evening nothing but 9 division and one 43 division....

Nice on the 301RC107 ghutch! getting further east!!:)
Couple Sat/Sun:
307AT174 Name?? 8am
165SD102 Aurelio 9am
45PAS/DX711 Nesha 9:22am
317KC102 Dimetry 9:45am
315IR047 Leon 9:51am
315UU101 Valery 10:43am
Then last night with sideways rain and 50+ winds on my 3 element:
91AU001 Mustafa 2nd time at 7pm
41RC103 Tony 7:21pm

.555 is just too much at times - I search all the way from .180 to .650 for somewhat lower signals with ant pointing north into Russia.

Good stuff philpoh....I have missed Mustafa several day in a row! The conditions are right French poly all over the band here....Japan at times.
Tonite it is VERY low noise levels? South america is booming in as well as some 201 f poly stations. I was just a ble to get on a few minutes. SWL'd a few and a couple QSO's for me. With the low Noise level it ought to be a good nite?

Dx man....hearing anything? I hear at times the echo signals? Coming in and out?

Last evening was fairly quiet here, heard Mustafa several times. Several stations coming from the Philippines but nothing from Thailand and Japan was quiet with just two stations.

I have only talked to one station from the coast of Russia in the last month, not much coming from that area either.

Some time this month, 261 div should be starting up, that should be another easy one like 210 was.

WOrked a couple Europe stations this morning.....heard a pile up working Azores activation. He was 5/5 here.....Band was open but very low noise here today heard a couple 10 division activations.....SWL'd mostly this morning.

Dx was good this evening.
201atfo010 moorea island 5/5-5/7 into Texas new island for me!
69mex/0 victor activation 5/9
224rc001.edward 5/3
91au001 Mustafa 5/3
266od009 mr bang 5/3. New one for me!
SWL'd
41 division stations
Many s american stations ur ra
Conditions were quite good as noise has been almost zero at times...easily could work audio only stations during these conditions.
Philpoh ?? Dx man?? Anything interesting on ya radios?? Has the noise level been down at your qth? Has anyone:confused: worked the ivory coast activation? I have not been able to hear them?

S Texas Dx report

Sunday 11-4
Good morning !! Evening !! Dx was good here this morning....started hearing some very weak calls at 755am cost....by 805 many were coming in at 5/5 or Better. SWL'd many divisions. Mexico, coasta rica, NE USA, Canada(NE), England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Spain, Portugal, Italy,France,Germany, , Belguim, Denmark,Finland, Poland ....these are ones I noted!! The whole of Europe was open...with easy to work signals 5/4 or better.
worked
40fat/Dx. @5/3 but worked ok
Kp net control them 22 watts me 20 watts
47at121
14/26da086 very cool mobile setup....in France on holiday...setup over looking the English channel...3elmt yagi, worked them with 20 watts!
38at103 check the spot all morning, signal at 4/3 early...5/9 later. Work with 20 watts my signal report 5/7! New one for mr
93sd002 same as above....late in the morning he was 5/7 new one for me
Very good weekend....hope yours was the same
Ivory Coast?? Pls pm or post if you hear this one!! 73

ghutch - nice amount of new dx you did this weekend!

Had to look up 224 and 266 Kiribati - have try to listen for them!
A lot noise on Sunday as high as S4 at times, Sunday was much better
conditions then Saturday starting 8am going all day.
Heard almost no Eastern Europe, always trying for any Russian DX contacts.
38AT103 was loud in Ohio for at least 4 hours - 1kw did him well!
At around noon and after I listen for any African stations, lately only hear 44 division - earlier in the year it was 39 div for me.
Looks like conditions will be increasing till Nov 16 weekend:D

Conditions were not as good as they have been yesterday....working at the beach getting SWRs down on my vertical.....got it to 1.25 !! After much up and down adjustments. Used it for a couple hours. Band was very quite noise level was at less than 1!
Contacts were coming in from all directions, but 555 was not a pile up?
Europe earlier, South America was really strong along with pacific areas when conditions allowed.
250 activation on cook island came in all day at 5/3 to 5/7 worked him once at 70 watts later at 15-20 watts. I love low power ops!
Still looking for Ivory Coast! Also Saudi Arabia stations are getting into the USA early....I'll work them some day!
Anyone have rare dx to report ??? Dx man?? Philpoh?? With the sugar delta contest on today should be some good ones on the band. Good luck

Conditions were not as good as they have been yesterday....working at the beach getting SWRs down on my vertical.....got it to 1.25 !! After much up and down adjustments. Used it for a couple hours. Band was very quite noise level was at less than 1!
Contacts were coming in from all directions, but 555 was not a pile up?
Europe earlier, South America was really strong along with pacific areas when conditions allowed.
250 activation on cook island came in all day at 5/3 to 5/7 worked him once at 70 watts later at 15-20 watts. I love low power ops!
Still looking for Ivory Coast! Also Saudi Arabia stations are getting into the USA early....I'll work them some day!
Anyone have rare dx to report ??? Dx man?? Philpoh?? With the sugar delta contest on today should be some good ones on the band. Good luck

Why work a DX'pedtion more than once, once your in their log, your in the log????:confused:

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.