• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX959 (new MOSFET version) dual final mod?

This mod really hasnt been presented or explained in a much easier way to do it. I know i can do this mod, but there's really not a step by step instruction list. Im very interested in the duel final mod, i can ask Roadstar for a complete list of parts and detailed instructions in english for "home-techs".

That would be cool.

sorry about not posting the link i mentioned. it was just a schematic of the Galaxy 2517 MOSFET version, which if compared to the schematic of the DX959 mosfet version, shows the parts that need to be added.

the reason there is not a "step by step" instruction set out there is the same reason you dont find kits like this sold on ebay, but you do see lots of 959's for sale that are modded for dual mosfet finals.

its because each radio is different, and after the parts are changed out, the radio needs to be tuned so that the two finals "add together" instead of just acting like one of them isnt there.

thats not something that you could just include in the instructions of a kit.

it takes actual knowledge of the insides of a radio to do this. its not like a swing mod on a 29LTD that any idiot can do.

there used to be kits for this available on ebay years back, the the guys selling them were getting lots of complaints because the people buying them couldnt make them work.

i fully realize what you guys are looking for, and i dont think i can make it much simpler than providing the info i already have in this thread.

good luck in your searches,
i hope you both are able to make this mod work,
LC

Reactions: 1 person
this one works really well if you do it as posted. Rick swears you have to use the ceramic insulators on his version you posted. the mylars do not work as well per Rick.

I found this step by step guide. Maybe someone searching for this subject will be able to find this useful. I plan on performing this on a 959 and 949 in the coming weeks. Waiting on parts!

http://www.cbtricks.com/miscellaneous/fet_papers/mosfet_conv/graphics/6900xxx_ssb_mosfet.pdf

That is a guide to convert a 69000 board from the 1969 final to a MOSFET. I think this post was started to find out if there is a guide to convert a MOSFET final into a dual MOSFET final board....

Unless I'm missing something....just don't want to see anybody start in this project then realize it's for something else.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    No conditions woodstown NJ.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place