• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DX99V2 Questions

MrKenmore

Dec 4, 2013
I have been looking at the DX99V2 for a while. When a reputable shop does the peak and tune and frequency conversion, what 10 meter frequencies are lost? I have a CRE8900 which is very flexible and doesn't lose anything. I am more into 10 meter now and only want 11 meter to listen to.

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 person

If your mostly on 10 meters wouldn't it be better to get a radio with a VFO or continuous tune like the 2950. you can also use it to to tune as a channel 1 thru 40 type radio also. not that the Galaxy isn't a good radio.

Reactions: 2 people
I had one when they first came out. I liked it, but I like my Galaxy DX-94HP even better. Gives me a tickle.

So how does the receive on the 94hp compare to a 2950 in your opinion? I may be crazy, but I think the receive on my 959 is better than my 2950. Thx.

Purely subjective, but...

Not much difference. My 94 seems to have less noise than a 2950.

However, if I could only own one radio, I'd buy the 2950 because of it's feature set.

If your mostly on 10 meters wouldn't it be better to get a radio with a VFO or continuous tune like the 2950. you can also use it to to tune as a channel 1 thru 40 type radio also. not that the Galaxy isn't a good radio.
I second this, skip the export and go straight to the real HF radio.

Well I broke down and bought a 99v2 the other day and I must say I like the radio so far. I haven't gotten it aligned yet but it seems to function properly stock. It also seems to be a more quality build than an 949/959 which has been the extent of my experience with Galaxy radios prior to this one. Also looks higher quality/cleaner built "under the hood" than the Mag S45HP I have.

More stable than the 959 I currently have, 65-85 degree temp swing in the truck and very little freq drift. Time will tell if it drifts more in 100 degree heat.

A damn fine looking radio to boot.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.