• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DYNASCAN COBRA 29

ray

BANNED
Jan 23, 2011
Have a OLD SCHOOL COBRA 29 23 cha.Would like to make a 40 cha.out of it.What would it cost. And what would i have to do?? SERIAL# 50549046.:eek:

I agree. Best bet would be to sell it and buy a 40 channel radio if thats what you want. List it on e-bay and play it up big like it's a rare collector's item. You might also have to get creative to legally sell it since it's illegal to sell a 23 channel radio. Our local shop used to say your buying the mic and they give you the 23 channel radio for free. Lol.

Good advice from above, but if you are really set on channeling that old 29 there are alternatives to an external channel box and DPDT switches.

I have a small Siltronix VFO that can plug into the channel 21-23 slot. With a bit of tuning it will take you to 27.585 with no gaps. Of course the dial display won't line up and it makes for rather cumbersome mobile operation but I'll let it go cheap if you want it!

I agree. Best bet would be to sell it and buy a 40 channel radio if thats what you want. List it on e-bay and play it up big like it's a rare collector's item. You might also have to get creative to legally sell it since it's illegal to sell a 23 channel radio. Our local shop used to say your buying the mic and they give you the 23 channel radio for free. Lol.

I didn't know it was illegal to sell a 23 channel radio. Misdemeanor or felony? LOL!
I know a lot of 23 channels can be converted to 40 but you would need to add a crystal for each additional channel.

You might also have to get creative to legally sell it since it's illegal to sell a 23 channel radio. Our local shop used to say your buying the mic and they give you the 23 channel radio for free. Lol.

I am with Psycho on this one. How in the hell can a 23 channel radio be illegal to sell? Were these radios illegal to begin with, or did they have some fairy dust sprinkled on them to magically become illegal to sell? I bet it is racisim, those damned radios only got 23 channels instead of the 40 to 120 like a proper radio should.

DYNASCAN COBRA

OK.Guys i get it .Iam going to keep it and leave it like it is.Its in real good shape.So ok iam going to put it away for about 10 more years.Pull it out every now and then and run it for a day or to then put it back. Maybe my grandson will get it when iam gone.;) 73s. my friends. GOOD IDEA:confused:

I am with Psycho on this one. How in the hell can a 23 channel radio be illegal to sell? Were these radios illegal to begin with, or did they have some fairy dust sprinkled on them to magically become illegal to sell? I bet it is racisim, those damned radios only got 23 channels instead of the 40 to 120 like a proper radio should.

It's one of those funny FCC rules I guess. Once 40 channel radio's came out they made the sale of 23 channel radio's illegal. Even today there are some shops that will not repair, buy, or sell 23 channel radio's.

Reactions: CrazyD
It's one of those funny FCC rules I guess. Once 40 channel radio's came out they made the sale of 23 channel radio's illegal. Even today there are some shops that will not repair, buy, or sell 23 channel radio's.

Ok ... ummmm

Ok WTF!!!!

ummm...

OK WTF WTF!!!

ummmm

OK

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing you wrote other then the nonsense says that having, selling, or operating a 23 channel radio is illegal.

Someone please enlighten me.

i have 5..... 23 channel radios.
so if i sell all 5...... is that 5 felony's?
i believe in usa that is life in prison, after 3 felony right?

i want to know why how when the sell of 23ch illegal ?

i have 5..... 23 channel radios.
so if i sell all 5...... is that 5 felony's?
i believe in usa that is life in prison, after 3 felony right?

i want to know why how when the sell of 23ch illegal ?

I know someone in jail doing 3 consecutive 2 year sentences for selling 3 23 channel GE radios. The jury apparently was full of Ham operators.

Reactions: fourstringburn
I know someone in jail doing 3 consecutive 2 year sentences for selling 3 23 channel GE radios. The jury apparently was full of Ham operators.

:thumbdown::LOL:

& thanks 9C1 for the link to the other thre4d

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated