• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

DYNASCAN COBRA 29

sales ban was only for dealers selling new units,,, personal sales was perfectally fine,,,,, this has been one of the most spread around myths of cb,,,

Get a VFO that will work with it! That is the easiest and cheapest way to do it. Crystals are expensive and a new Channel selector that is not made and has not been made is likewise expensive.

Also not every 23 channel radio is worth expanding coverage on!

Here goes a novel idea. It is secret so do not let it out to the world! Use it as is for the first 23 channels of the 40 channel allocation!

Hey Guys I got a Mint Small Block Chevy Block from 1955 how can I convert it into a flat plane cranked Ferrari V10 engine? It is only a 2 bolt main but I heard from Buba that as long as you stay bellow 10,000 RPMS they are just as strong as splayed 4 bolt main nodular caped blocks or cross bolt mains. It's illegal to sell 1955 Chevy Small Block V8's in California! I was also told that Big Block's are known to the state of California to cause Euphoria in men with high testosterone levels and to trigger Antifa, Left Wing Progressives, and Feminists!

I also heard from Buba that rf signal travel almost at the speed of light and if they traveled any faster they would become so heavy you could see them traveling then suddenly fall to the ground. I heard Tesla came up with a way to make 4 watts travel right through the earth making linear and ground planes obsolete. The "Builder's" had him secretly assassinated to keep their industry going and the copper clad board OEM's and semiconductor industry where all in on it! Marconi never got over being called a liar and retard by Tesla and Edison had it in for him!

sales ban was only for dealers selling new units,,, personal sales was perfectally fine,,,,, this has been one of the most spread around myths of cb,,,
No kidding! Thank you! It wouldn't make any sense at all. Just fewer channels to use for the owner is the only real issue.
They probably may have been concerned about people getting much less than their moneys worth buying a 23 channel rig when 40 channel rigs were available or phony promises about upgrade kits etc. to sell off the remainder of the 23 channel stock and maybe get outa Dodge.
For those of us OLD enough to know or remember, there were a great many CB radios both mobile and base that were even more limited in terms of channels (some with VFO receiveand maybe 5 or 7 channels) before they came out with the synthesized rigs. Not to mention walkie talkies that were over 100 milliwatts output with just a couple three channels.
Heathkit had a CB mobile that you could buy a 23 channel crystal pack for but it added a LOT to the overall cost. Figure 46 crystals total at about $5 a piece back then. Pretty pricey!!

Reactions: midnight special

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.