• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Eagle 5000

redlght

Feb 1, 2013
Any one happen to have a SM for a eagle 5000? I think it is the same as a galaxy saturn turbo and rebranded for copper electronics but not positive. Thanks.

Found the power supply drawing. Sure wish I could remember where it came from.

The rest of the radio is more or less a RCI2970, but the front-panel controls, meters and wiring are different.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rci/rci_2970/index.htm

But yeah, it's a 2990 or a Galaxy Saturn Turbo post-1995. Imported by shiny-metal electronics.

Oh, and BTW the zener diode in this schemo is drawn backwards. It's turned the other way in the radio.

RC!_2990_supply_reg.PNG

Reactions: BBB and redlght
They are close.. the 2970 has differences like the lcd board for one. The DX 2527 is closer has same LCD board but different power supply and no amp board stuff like that. I was just looking for the SM for either of the 2 e5000 or sat turbo if there is one out there.

I am interested in the high and low pass filters in the eagle 5000 most radios close to it show L33, my radio does not have it but has VC3 I am wondering if that causes the spurs on the SA by not having it or was the radio meant not to have if so why have the supporting components?

Attachments

• L33.jpg
    L33.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
The radio rx;s and tx;s 2 or 3 channels from center I noticed L33 is missing or was never put in can not seem to track it down. Thing about it is it sounds perfect just lower signal as you get father from center freq radio is on.

The computer and display were changed in 1995 from two boards (with a lithium coin cell for memory backup) to a single board that used an electrolytic cap as a lame excuse for memory backup.

Best I remember, the Eagle 5000 was only made after 1995, with the failure-prone single-board display/computer used in the Galaxy DX22 and 2527. The mobile radios from that era were physically different from the mobile models. The pushbutton board is not bolted directly to the display like in a mobile, but has an extension cable on each end of the pushbutton board so it can be mounted farther below the display.

It's all about the year the radio was made.

All the radios I looked at had L33 in schematic mine isn't in there I am trying to track down why it throws such a wide signal. If your on say CH20 you will be heard and receive on 18 19 20 21 22 with 20 being the strongest.

Reactions: cybernet02a
All the radios I looked at had L33 in schematic mine isn't in there I am trying to track down why it throws such a wide signal. If your on say CH20 you will be heard and receive on 18 19 20 21 22 with 20 being the strongest.
I know this is an old thread i made back in the day but the problem was found with help from nomad was a 22k surface mount resistor hidden under a solder blob on underside of the board that would repeat a 10KHz signal from 25 Mhz to 30Mhz+ getting weaker as it got away from selected freq/channel.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.