1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

EarthRoamer Luxury bug out

Discussion in 'Prepper Forum' started by Tony-aby, May 24, 2015.

1. Tony-aby

Tony-aby Member

( http://www.TFLtruck.com ) The EarthRoamer XV-LTS F-550 Extreme Off-Road RV is the ultimate Zombiepocalypse Luxury Ride. If you need to go around the world in style and comfort and you need to do so off-road...this extreme recreational vehicle is perhaps the best and only choice.

2. FatHam

FatHam Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Henry got one first...
    henryINmotorhome3.jpg

3. Mudfoot

Mudfoot Sr. Member

Riding around in a monstrosity like that only makes you a target for Survival poachers like myself. I only stock weapons, ammo and enough food and water until I can overtake dorks like these and kipe their supplies.

4. The War Wagon

The War Wagon Active Member

My RC is my BoV, but if money were no option, I'd go bigger. :cool:

Mercedes-Benz Zetros 2733 A 6×6 (MY personal favorite, because it looks ready for a Pittsburgh winter!)

[​IMG]

binrat likes this.
  5. Tony-aby

Tony-aby Member

lol one henry rig :), some nice rigs keep up the good pics.

6. Bundy

Bundy Tired and broke

The Earthroamer is a nice overlanding vehicle if you have the scratch to buy one.

7. The War Wagon

Great stuff here, for folks who have everything BUT their BoV selected! For the less mechanically-inclined - who'd rather buy than build - this list is for you!

A. Kahn Design’s Flying Huntsman 6×6

[​IMG]

Paramount Group’s Maverick: S.W.A.T. APC

[​IMG]

Terradyne Inc. Gurkha

[​IMG]

Gunner Fabrication’s Dodge 3500 (And ya' GOTTA have MOPAR!!! :cool: )

[​IMG]

Our final post-apocalyptic harbinger of doom comes to us in the way of a simple and very dangerous automobile. This Dodge 3500 truck, which was built by Gunner Fabrication, has been outfitted with a custom bed that houses a .50 caliber-rated ring mount, storage compartments for AR rifles, an easy-access ammo can, 12-inch floodlights, a hardcore skid-plate, and a 10,000-pound winch for hauling oneself out of danger. A roof rack supports extra lighting along with a FLIR thermal camera system, and the engine even has a protective cage around it that can be folded down for maintenance.

This off-road rambler also comes equipped with massive tires, raised suspension for corpse clearance, a customizable brush-guard, and an A-10 Warthog joystick with trigger controls for all forward facing lights and a thumb-toggle for easy transmission controls.

Pros: Pre-built to be outfitted with heavy artillery, extra rifle and ammo storage, easy to drive, nimble

Cons: No heavy-duty armor, no caging on glass, gun turret operator remains exposed, limited passenger seating

Read more: http://www.cheatsheet.com/automobil...mbie-apocalypse.html/?a=viewall#ixzz3aOa7UW4d

8. StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew Well-Known Member

Not a prepper myself but if I was I think I would avoid the fancy modified stuff and stick to something with a bone stock chassis, seems to me as though having something common would make scavenging parts easier.

The War Wagon likes this.
  9. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

Since you mentioned Paramount Group, why not the Marauder or the Matador?

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marauder_(vehicle)

[​IMG]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matador_(mine_protected_vehicle)

The War Wagon likes this.
  10. The War Wagon

11. Captain Kilowatt

Captain Kilowatt Professional Amateur
    Staff Member

They can the Marauder if they have the $$$$ but not sure about the Matador. I just became aware of it. Might have to go to South Africa to get one however. Weapons not included of course. :p

12. Tony-aby

Tony-aby Member

Van's always make a good bug out vehicle good protect and more room the trucks with shells, they can be had used for a good price. If you have the coin for a new one even better.

5-bov1.jpg

survival-vehicle-21.jpg

You can Pick up armored cars for really cheap $2000.00 and up. Upgrade the bumper's and even add four wheel drive.

Armored-CAr.jpg

#12 Tony-aby, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  13. StrangeBrew

StrangeBrew Well-Known Member

Depends, do you live in a volcano?

Those Marauders are a pretty sweet ride too(y)

#13 StrangeBrew, May 29, 2015
    Last edited: May 29, 2015
    Captain Kilowatt likes this.
  14. space cowboy

space cowboy Quack Quack

I'll be zipping around on a off road bike that runs on fry oil. I can refuel at any fast food restaurant. I could ride for centuries before I hit all the grease joints. and the french fry smell will throw off the zombies.
    zombies don't like french fries.

FatHam likes this.
  15. Tony-aby

Tony-aby Member

#15 Tony-aby, Jun 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
: EarthRoamer