• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Easiest way to achieve hi fi?

Not sure what the value is in such wide frequency response, since it decreases the efficiency of the transmitted signal, but those fancy contraptions aren't needed. .086 Hertz to 7500 Hertz without using either of those fancy contraptions.

For me it has almost nothing to do with efficiency. If I cant hold a conversation with you other than making the first initial contact I dont want to talk to you. Example, contesting or poor conditions. Those said contraptions are defently not needed. I run a Kenwood TS-850 %150 mod nothing more than a slightly modded radio and a perfectly clean signal.

Wow the new Mauldulator is small!

IMG_20161028_180630_zpsjp9s5eaz.jpg

My smoking gun is a universal fit for practically any radio. My choice is rack gear. You can use one to multiple units in line and I just hook it up into the mic jack of the radio. I use XLR cables and I have made adapters to whatever pin out your radio needs. I've also bought them premade and they work fine. Heil makes good examples of what you would need or even to copy them and make your own. I've used other types of devices like the MFJ 655b and they work well but the instructions were not very good. I find that the audio from the rack gear pushes the radios filters more to "spill over" the standard limitations of each radio you use it on. The user would need to use another radio as a receiving radio to help adjust how they sound over the air. The end result is better sounding audio without having to modify the insides of your radio. Of course if you choose to modify the insides of your radio for better audio, your smile just gets bigger. Currently I have the audio going into an Anytone 6666. Tiny radio but big sound.

Attachments

• IMG_20240310_212201362~2.jpg
    IMG_20240310_212201362~2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?