• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Easiest way to achieve hi fi?

I just saw that there are more people jumping on the HI-FI stuff or trying to, a seller on eBay named my-spin is installing ASYMOD boards and also selling radios with HiFi mods done and ASYMOD board added and some other things done. Receive and transit work for hifi stuff.. He had cobra 29's, strkyer 955's, some galaxy radios and some others for sale on eBay. I was looking at some other stuff and happened upon it. Also says he can install them in most any radio for you. CB's, export radios, HF radios, you name it. Let me see if I can get the link to the Stryker 955HP ad.
Here is the ad for the Stryker 955, and it should show some more of his stuff as well. I am not sure if this guy is new or what or if he is doing the work. Guess he has been around as it says he has an ASYMOD board rev. 2 that is no longer in production and this is the rev. 3 or version 3 of the board. He also adds some stuff to back of radio for external mic, key up, and for plugging into computer as well. Again not seen this guy. Anyone dealt with him?? Just curious.
Here is the link to the radio and his other stuff.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/122161841698
Don't flame me, I know this may not even be real hifi stuff, but that is just what the ad says LOL!! Like I said I stumbled upon it clicking something here on the site that was listed on eBay LOL!! Hope everyone has a great day. It's finally cooling down here in FL. Don't know for how long but I am sure glad it did!! Makes doing yard work much easier(y)(y):D

It's a copy of the mauldulator so it should work fine. I actually have 2 of the old boards that I got for cheap but have not used them. At those prices I'd check with MMM and see if he has any for sale.

Reactions: 222DBFL
It was just something I stumbled onto 543. I was actually looking at something totally different and one of the radios came up. Just out of curiousity I checked it out. Didn't know how old or how long seller had been around. Thx for the info. Although not my thing I can understand the want for something like this for sure.

The new MMM boards are cheaper and a better design than the Asymod.

The newer MMM board is:
Cheaper
Smaller (1.5" x 1.5") Going off memory dont quote me.
Single Voltage (not converted like the asymod)
Less components (you do have to mount and wire the pots)

Reactions: 222DBFL
Not sure what the value is in such wide frequency response, since it decreases the efficiency of the transmitted signal, but those fancy contraptions aren't needed. .086 Hertz to 7500 Hertz without using either of those fancy contraptions.

Last edited:
Not sure what the value is in such wide frequency response, since it decreases the efficiency of the transmitted signal, but those fancy contraptions aren't needed. .086 Hertz to 7500 Hertz without using either of those fancy contraptions.

0.086 Hz?? So it can pass basically DC then hey? :rolleyes: So when you pay Fine Tune for a job do you use cash or just Vaseline?

Different strokes....people that are concerned about efficiency usually use SSB. 7500 hz isn't bad but a cobra 29 with this contraption is cheaper and has the potential to sound better.

Reactions: 711

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.