• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Echo?

Echo can be a good thing-- when its set just right , the echo or reverb can actually make you signal sound bigger-- it doesn't take much but the problem is that everyone is so turned off from it because of guys running too much
i think alot of the problem is those cheap "superstar" echo/power mics-- no one goes inside the mic to turn the gain up and echo down., there is just one outside slider that controls both the echo and pre amp-- so when its stock the echo seems to be always set high and pre amp low-- guys turn up the slider on the outside to sound louder and the ecdho goes along with it to crazy proportions
But then again I hear guys with Galaxy that have too much and the echo control is right there-- no preamp there-- and connex boards also-- good sounding echo and preamp but everyone goes crazy with it
Anyhow-- you can actually get the reverb or echo set right and have it make your audio sound bigger

bushwacker said:
...............Echo can be a good thing-- when its set just right , the echo or reverb can actually make you signal sound bigger ..................you can actually get the reverb or echo set right and have it make your audio sound bigger

All these "Ducks" wanna "SOUND" BIGGER..........so, EVERYBODY and his brother-trucker-in-law hetrodynes the airwaves with their "BIGGER SOUNDING" reverbs and echos.

Please, do not get me wrong, I am not trying to tell anyone how to run his radio, I am just stating the fact that a truly discriminating operator would not be caught dead running echo and reverb; it makes you sound like you are shouting into a Coffee can.

Here's the solution for the sounding "BIGGER" problem; Go buy yourself a BIGGER RADIO SYSTEM, that way, when a REAL BIG STATION is on the air, you can compete and not depend, hope and pray that your "Guitar-Box" gets heard beneath the scuffle.

Let me put it to you like this and you tell me if I am wrong, if you and I are sitting in a room having a normal conversation, you would not need to hear (or want to hear) a "repeat repeat of of every every word word I I said said in in the the conversation conversation as as I I said said them them".

NOR WOULD YOU BE CONFORTABLE HOLDING A CONVERSATION WITH SOMEONE SHOUTING INTO A COFFEE CAN.

When I am out there talking DX and one of those echo-reverbers call me, I ignore them and leave them slobbering in the microphone.

Tell me about it, I can really appricaite(sp?) good clean audio and again that is why I use a Heil HC-5 un-amplified, I get alot of great reports from other stations by doing this. I believe that all the noise toys an echos and rb's just clutter up the airways with meaningless trash due to the fact that most are way over modulated!
No offense to people who choose to use them this is just my opinon. :)

I think this thread has an echo...

A very slight amount of echo has a similar effect as the "Hall" or "Stadium" equalizer setting on a few home entertainment systems. Slight enough that it just adds a bit of "presence" and "dynamic range" to an otherwise flat voice.

In that context, it serves a similar purpose as bolding text on a page; whereas, using it improperly would be more like making the text really big, really bold, and really red. :p

I would not use it to actually cause an echo, but I have heard it done. Most of the time its used that way to "stir the pot," as was said, but sometimes you get a hick that runs it that way all the time.

And NEVER on SSB.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.